Chapter Sixty-Two: Dark Soul Vs Pure Soul.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Sixty-Two: Dark Soul Vs Pure Soul.

[a/n: haven't edited yet so sorry for any typos/mistakes, fixing it soon]

---

Derek's POV~

"This looks like Ser Walter's inn," Alaric observantly pointed out and we all followed his finger until our eyes landed on the familiar cosy-looking inn.

"We've reached Miriadan," Zac stated whilst dismounting his horse and gesturing that we do the same. "Ser Walter is always of service to the crown, he is a good man. He will take us in for the night."

I hummed agreeing that Ser Walter was an honourable man, "how could he possibly say no, you are the prince," Chris removed one of his leather gloves and stuffed them in trench coat pocket with amusement lingering in his tone.

"And besides we have a long journey tomorrow," I reasonably added.

"I'd never in a billion years let anybody tell me no," Zac proudly responded, brushing away hairs from his luxury clothing.

Xavier mockingly laughed, "I'm guessing you don't class Alaric's sister as anybody."

Alaric rose his eyebrows at the mention of Natalya, "I swear you idiots can't live without my sister, makes me wonder how things were before."

"Bloody," Zac bluntly said, "things were very very bloody."

"True that," Chris supported and we all nodded in unifying agreement.

"C'mon, we should find Ser Walter and get some sleep," Douglas snapped us back to reality when we'd all fallen into some type of flashback of the past.

"Yeah, let's go," I climbed down from my horse and caught up with the others.

Hopefully, Natalya was out there too getting some decent sleep.

Back to 10 hours later...

Natalya's POV~

"I could've sworn I heard screaming coming from the first floor this morning, Lord Rowan you heard it too right?" A prestigious old lady who was seated at the table piped up.

I almost choked when she said the first floor and almost died when Preston nudged me knowingly, finding the situation hilarious.

"Screaming, Lady Maine?" Preston repeated questioningly, acting like he had no idea what Lady Maine was talking about.

He knew.

I knew.

I knew we were too loud in the shower this morning. Too loud and I did tell him to stop but he wouldn't. I'm kind of glad he didn't to be truthful.

But I swear I wasn't screaming this morning, it was more like-

"- moans of pleasure," Preston mentally chirped in and I coughed dramatically, apologising when I had cut Lord Rowan from responding.

"Yes," Lord Rowan supported Lady Maine, "I heard it too, it sounded like someone was being tortured."

Preston shrugged pretending he was oblivious, "maybe it came from the torture chambers or maybe it came from my bedroom-"

I immediately stomped on Preston's foot and he instantly groaned, "or maybe not."

Lady Maine and Lord Rowan looked between us, arching their eyebrows as if they were missing something.