Chapter Thirty-Seven: Shadow Ancestry. (NEW YEAR SPECIAL)

IMPRESS.

(warning: quite a few pov changes in this chapter)

.

.

24 hours later...

Cathryn's POV ~

"What did you whisper to your sister, that made her relax right before she jumped in?"

We were in her bedroom, doors locked as myself and Alaric sat on either side of the double-bed Natalya lifelessly laid on.

The white sheets that enveloped Natalya, made her look like a pure angel in deep slumber.

I leant my elbow next to her arm and kept my other hand rested firmly against Alarics on the soft duvet which hugged his sister's body.

Alaric sighed, staring momentarily at his sister's eyes which were softly shut.

"I told her if worst came to worst and your brother didn't reconsider, that I would turn her into a vampire as soon as she died but I tried that, I fed her my blood and..."

"It hasn't worked..." I breathed out, nodding as my eyes drifted back to Natalya's pale face.

I bit my upper lip and furrowed my eyebrows, "I'm sorry Alaric, I wanted to stop it. I really did but..."

Alaric interrupted waving his hand, "no one could have saved her from your brother. Dammit, not even his father could stop him... I have no idea how I am supposed to continue guarding him knowing he murdered my sister out of spite."

Filling with concern, I held onto his hand reassuringly, "you could always swap positions with one of my guards, then you won't have to be in my brother's company all the time. You'd be in mine... And we'd get more alone time."

Ok, it's the worst time to be hinting at sex whilst Alaric and I are mourning over his sister's death, but, the words just tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"That sounds... Very tempting..." Alaric thankfully didn't scold me and wore a small smirk, his eyes electrifying as he eyed me and tightened his fingers around mine.

Seconds passed, and Alaric abruptly cleared his throat standing from his seat, "could you stay with her, I need to go check that her servants aren't currently being slaughtered as we speak."

I faintly smiled, "sure, I can stay here."

He circled the bed before leaving and left a print of his wet lips on my cheek, before speeding off out the room and leaving the heat rising to both my cheeks.

Why is he the only one who can make me feel vulnerable and soft in his company? It worries me because, for some reason, I like the submissive feeling.

Olivia's POV~

They kissed for an eternity, attacking each other like wild animals whilst the four of us were made to stand here poised and watch.

Leia's hand brushed against mine and from the corner of my eye, I saw her face contort in disgust as Prince Zachary pushed Ella up against the wall and begun to practically eat her face.

I grimaced.

Our eyes were red and puffy from the tears we had shed for Natalya since yesterday morning, and our heads burned and throats ached from the dehydration that followed.

Finally, the two vampires I loathed most after yesterday's events withdrew from each other's lips and sauntered over to the line we stood in. "So, Natalya's three slave- wait- no there is now four of you and its handmaidens as she preferred to call them... What do you reckon we do with them, baby?"