Chapter Thirty-Four: The Hidden Hideout.

BIT LONG CHAPTER SO GRAB A DRINK OR A PILLOW...
(Sorry if there are any errors in the chapter, didn't get time to read through it)

--

[Next Morning - Back At The Castle]

(10:00 am)

"You could have died, you could have been seriously hurt..." Alaric spoke observing my cheeks, eyes, face and body frantically in the case of injuries, "Derek, what did you say happened?"

We travelled for a very long time once we left Weimos' slaves auction last night and I slept throughout the journey back.

Sleep was the only thing invading my mind after seeing Fredrick. Any way of tearing myself from the thought of interacting with Fredrick ever again was a perfect solution to my problems.

Even if it meant leaving Harrison behind sadly.

I did squeeze my best friend goodbye before leaving the chaos I had caused behind and he did promise to see me at the IMPRESS stage.

So I would surely see him soon.

We arrived at the castle this morning at 7 and I had barely gotten any real sleep since sleeping in the carriage with a poor slave girl who was very nervous seated opposite Derek and Cathryn as well as next to me.

Alaric had woken me up after being informed about the crazy storm in Weimos and barged into my room not as long as two minutes with Derek behind him.

"There was a really bad storm Ric, sent men flying and buildings crashing. Zach is really pissed he claims it was witchcraft, he said something about it adding up to the Cabin your sister passed out in..." Derek explained with a frowned eyebrow of uncertainty.

Oh dear.

I hadn't had time to tell Alaric about my additional abilities. I plan on telling him after stage three when he isn't so busy and when Zac chooses me to die next which I know he will seeing as I already know for sure that after I practically asked Zac to kill next out of anger last night, I had ruined my chances of staying alive.

Honestly, death was the least of my problems.

It sucked that I hadn't even had time to tell Alaric about the mayhem I had also caused without people being around or him rushing off somewhere.

I feel like I don't know who my brother is, it doesn't easy to talk to him like back in the days.

Anyway, all I know right now is that there is definitely a change happening inside of me.

Once I started that hurricane last night, I couldn't stop it. A force within me just wouldn't allow me to and when my necklace started to glow indigo I knew it was the symptoms of Nixon.

A symptom that disabled me to keep my powers under my own independent control.

Now Zac was going to declare there to be a search party for witches in Asten, try to track them down by most likely killing as many people as he and his fellow elites suspected in the process of it all.

And this was partially my fault.

I say partially because I didn't ask to be blessed with these abilities and I certainly did not ask for that cabin incident to happen. It was all Ashira.

Hey, don't blame the head witch... that is very disrespectful... ~ Ashira

I mentally roll my eyes.

Smiling reassuringly I pushed my brother's pestering hands away from my face, "Alaric, please. You just woke me up from a good sleep. I swear I'm fine if I wasn't I'd tell you otherwise."