Chapter Forty-Seven: Dare You, Demon.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Forty-Seven: Dare You, Demon.

---

Preston tugged down my satin-silk night dress which I hadn't noticed had ridden up from laying back on my bed.

I stopped trembling, drew my brows in and frowned.

Why did I think he was hinting at something else? Why did I begin to tremble when his hands hovered close to my private place?

Because of the scars that Fredrick had left that's why. He had scarred my mind and now my mind assumed the worst.

"Why did you start shaking, did you think I was going to hurt you?" Preston trapped me between his arms which rested on the wall either side of my head. He had his forehead pressed against the wall next to my left ear.

He felt my body tremble under his touch and I think he had sensed my hesitation when he lowered his hands to my area.

I couldn't lie to him and tell him that I didn't think he'd hurt me, after hearing horrendous rumours about the type of person he was I would hesitate once in a while- its only natural.

I was barely breathing because of how close he was yet still managed to confidently respond, "you said you were angry and you'd show me what happens when you get angry?"

My hands were rested at my side, I didn't want to move them because they'd brush against Preston and he would probably get the wrong idea. An idea I would prefer not to install into his mysterious mind.

"I didn't say I was angry with you Natalya, I could never be angry at such a work of art..." Preston grinned from the corner of my eye and then chuckled cruelly, "I'm angry at those revolting creatures that dare think they can place their pretentious ass hands on you."

"Oh-"

"-Please don't ever think that I would hurt you... Natalya, I promised never to mistreat you," Preston continued, urgent to defend himself.

"Preston-" I parted my lips ready to speak, but only to be cut off by him again.

"No Natalya the thought of you even thinking I'd do such a thing irritates me, who put these ideas into your mind... The witches? The vampires? The werewolves? I don't know what they have made you believe but whatever it is, forget it," Preston's fist hit the wall, startling me.

I jumped as he slowly lifted his head off the wall, still keeping his hands firmly planted either side of my head.

Exhaling I finally managed to cross my arms over my chest. How did I get myself caught up in this mess? I never asked for this, ever.

I came to this castle to live with my brother, get away from my aunt and find out who killed my parents.

Yes, I have succeeded in living with my brother and getting away from my aunt. But, I won't ever feel like a whole piece if I don't find who killed my parents... If it wasn't for the countless of distractions I could have found out by now but there have been too many hurdles in my way.

When I say hurdles, I mean boys.

"I've heard about the laws you enforce Preston..." I took a deep breath, "I know how hostile a place the Shadowlands are, which is why I'm surprised that you treat me with such respect. Don't blame me for this but I kind of find it a little suspicious."

Preston rose his eyebrows and cracked a thoughtful smirk, he was thinking of something to say and felt pressured under my interrogative, arched right brow.

"Demons are born with sin Natalya, we are sinners, so of course our environment would have to match the black hearts we are born with..." He was weighing all his weight on his arms, his chest almost touching mine as he truthfully spoke with me face to face.