Chapter Seventy-One: The Prophecy. (EASTER SPECIAL)

IMPRESS

IMPRESS.

Chapter Seventy-One: The Prophecy

Part 1.

---

"I can't imagine Preston of all people being jealous, what could he possibly envy for? He's got it all Natalya, the crown of a realm, power, riches, land and you, a strong and beautiful human girl, that is soon to be made his permanently."

I couldn't help but grin at Harrison's words when describing me. His words mattered the most.

"I know but..." I sighed resting a hand on my forehead. "- But Harrison it was scary, I don't know for sure if it was jealousy towards Zac or what, but Preston completely changed into someone I didn't recognise down there."

So after having woken up from a nightmare not long ago and experiencing the second one of the night, to my poor best friend's dismay, I had gone to find his room to beg him to help me move Prince Zac's temporarily lifeless body back up to his guest room.

I was still very traumatised by the events that had taken place, and shaken by the foul violence and frightful demeanour of the demon I was to marry.

When Harrison opened his door to my trembling state, he did not hesitate. A blanket was over my shoulders before my next breath and the rim of a hot cup of tea was lingering at my lips before my next step.

My best friend hadn't taken more than a second to read me like a book, he knew something was up immediately, showing once again how well he knew me better than anybody else. Even my own brother.

As soon as I told Harrison a summary of the story in panicked stutters and short breaths, he instantly answered my wishes by carrying the out-cold prince back to his room.

And once that had been done and dusted, following on came the worst bit. The bit where I would explain how guilty I felt and scared and conflicted I was after having seen what I had seen, in hopes of Harrison comforting and advising me on how I would get over the events of tonight in time for the big day tomorrow.

The day I would finally meet the mystery that went by the name of Daya El Rigo.

"It may have scared you Natalya, but Preston had the right, it's not like Prince Zac didn't deserve it. He has hurt you more times than many can count and tonight was his turn to get a little taste of that thing we know called karma," Harrison nonchalantly shrugged, brushing by me to get back to his bed.

Perplexed, I blinked at my best friend, "Harrison, don't take offence but you sound crazy. I'm not saying Zac didn't deserve it, I'm saying Preston showed me a side of him that I don't think I have seen before and it freaked me out."

The worry making my voice waver was so evident that it recaptured Harrison's full attention even in his sleep-deprived state.

"Are you having second thoughts?" He sympathetically asked. The expression on his face stone and serious. Harrison began to squint, trying to study my face from a fair distance.