Chapter Ten: Archery Range

IMPRESS.

Chapter Ten: Archery Range

*Pic of Alexander Cortez above and 'Under You' by Nick Jonas

---

Lord Hilbert left me after pointing out the archery range and I had walked the short distance where it was, to find who my teacher for my lesson would be.

"Alexander?" I questioned when he turned holding a bow and arrow in all his glory.

He was actually beautiful. The way his jet black hair was gelled back and left a strand of hair in front of his face made him even more mesmerising.

The bone structure of his face to his mysterious eyes was the perfect combination.

"Hello, princess," Alexander winked with a sexy smirk.

I didn't want to blush and show Alexander how easy his wink had made my stomach crawl with butterflies and really giddy. "You are my teacher?" I dryly asked with my arms crossed although the answer was clear in front of my eyes.

Alexander had basically saved my life last night, but, I didn't want him getting the idea that I would suddenly fall in love with him and make him turn me into a blood-sucking monster.

I had to play hard to get and he had to pick up his game.

"Fortunately, what, not going to thank me for saving you last night?" Alexander turned around to an area piled with archery equipment and gear as he amusedly spoke. He was sorting my equipment out for me.

"I would have been fine without your help, besides, what are you still doing here? Weren't you supposed to leave with the rest of guests this morning?" I asked retrieving a protective wrist glove from Alexander and a bow.

Alexander moved a little closer to me resulting in me stepping back slightly, "I am hurt, next time I'll just let the blonde attack you then. And, princess, I am not a guest. This is my home."

I put my left hand up in front of Alexander, "first of, I am not a princess nor will I ever be so stop calling me that and second of all, what do you mean this is home? Were you born here?"

Alexander brushed past me with a secretive smirk and placed about a dozen arrows opposite two archery targets. "You are feisty and brave enough to command me, I question your sexuality, no woman or human I have ever met has had the guts to speak to a vampire like me like that."

"Just answer my question," I arched my brow and look straight at the hotness that is his face.

Alexander stepped closer and closer till we were inches apart, and as he stood closer my eyes grew and my nerves started up.

"My lady, you are talking to the King's bastard son, the prince's half-brother but of course, your highness that is the queen aka. the woman who wants to see me dead made sure only a limited amount of people knew I was the King's son," Alexander explained his nose almost touching mine and his exceptionally fresh breath hitting my face.

I hadn't realised that I was staring at Alexander with wide eyes, a wide opened mouth and brows raised until at least, ten seconds, had passed.

The King had a secret son, since when? Wait, who was Alexander's mother? Alexander must have taken his mother's surname then.

"Wh- What? Wait... What?" I was really shocked, nobody ever said any stories about the King having a bastard not even my parents.

"Before you ask," Alexander backed up with a neutral expression on his face, "yes, I have my dead mother's last name and the King doesn't mind, he treats me like he treats Zac and Cathryn."