Chapter Thirty-One: The Brothel Part 3.

[A/N: I renamed the three-part chapter to The Brothel instead of Slavers Auction. Read the end of the chapter author note to find out why...]

I could always use my invisibility.

But then again, I can't risk exposure. Imagine if I just turned visible unexpectedly when trying to steal the letter from the bad guy's pocket...

This could be fun if I don't overthink it. I have never done something so naughty well, except that one time... Okay, now I think about it I'm clearly not Miss Innocence from Purity Ville.

"You are very alluring right now. If I was a boy, I would not keep my eyes off you... At all... if I'm going to be honest with you." Iris blinked multiple times in shocked with her hand over her mouth.

We were stood in Iris' bedroom which was probably the biggest of all rooms in the brothel, and I had just changed out of my dress into something super risqué.

I wore black lacy lingerie made to appear sexier with a suspender belt, some black-tinted high stockings and juicy red lipstick for the extra pop of colour.

When I saw my reflection in the mirror, I saw a completely different version of myself. I could've mistaken myself for a vampire, my body was voluptuous and my face was more attractive than it had ever been.

Even with the faint scars, I looked persuasive and sexy.

And I felt confident.

"Thank you," I responded with a small smile at Iris who tugged at my bra straps and slightly tightened them.

"No problem... You know, this is weird for me, here is a fun fact for you," Iris stepped back and then looked at her surroundings, "your mother is the reason this place belongs to yours truly."

I opened my eyes wide, "how is that possible?"

"Didn't I say I would give you answers after you do the thing you promised?" Iris teasingly smiled as she spoke and I impatiently pouted.

Ughhhh, "okay, what room did you say the man is staying in?" I asked as I began to walk over to the door.

Iris spun around following my body which circled her, "room 27D, if you walk out this room and you take the first right and then a left, you'll find the room."

I nodded understanding her spoken directions, "if you don't mind me asking, what's his name and what am I looking for exactly?"

Iris didn't sigh or groan, she kept her patience with me and I respected that.

"Any form of letter in his jacket, hopefully, he won't be wearing it but, if he is... don't worry because if anything goes wrong, I've got your back. Just try your best to not make it obvious what your intentions are..." Iris notified, "his name is Hunter Maxwell, Master Maxwell he prefers."

I swallowed hard and took a deep breath of confidence, "I don't think I'll be needing any help, Iris, I have a feeling Master Maxwell has never met an Ascelyn."

Iris grinned finding my change of attitude funny.

"I'm sure he hasn't..." Madame Haven amusedly replied.

***

Should I knock or what?

My fist hovered over the wooden door and I glanced either side of the corridor I was currently stood in, feeling a weird rush of paranoia.

Maybe it was because I was practically walking naked but it felt like someone was watching me and I hated it, especially when I kept recalling the blood-stained note which was left on my wall.