Chapter Nine: Escaping Royalty

IMPRESS.

Chapter Nine: Escaping Royalty

*Pic of the prince above and also the song 'Kill Em With Kindness' by Selena Gomez above if you want to listen to it :)

---

"I will send someone, most likely Derek, to pick you from your room and escort you to the archery range at noon for your lesson," Alaric explained taking a sip at his glass of red liquid whilst I beamed in response.

Oh, my, I get to learn how to use a bow and arrow. I have always dreamed of getting to one day use a bow and arrow. How exciting. I am just glad I don't have to spend my day doing something boring like staying in my room.

We were currently at the breakfast table so I couldn't start jumping about in excitement, I had to keep calm. Besides, my neck was in so much pain from last night.

I woke up this morning and almost let out a scream that is how painful my neck was, the prince wasn't at all gentle, once my blood touched his tongue he transformed into this reckless beast.

When I looked in the mirror, the skin that he had torn apart had healed and I assumed that had fed me his blood, however, because of how he violently ripped at it, I was left with a fang bite that I had to hide with my hair.

If Alaric saw, he'd question me and I know if I tell him it was the prince, he'll just go confront him and things may not end well and I might end up getting blamed.

"Sounds good to me," I smiled picking up my glass of water and bringing it to my lips.

"I would come if I wasn't too busy helping your brother, my parents and everyone else involved to get that stupid impress game event which starts tomorrow sorted for you know who," Cathryn's eyes were pointing towards the Zac who hadn't said a word since I came to the table.

It was just really awkward between him and me, well to me it was, but to him, it seemed natural.

For the short amount of time, I was sat at the dining table, his eyes never left me. It was making me uncomfortable but I kind of liked that I had his attention.

"Well it isn't my fault that I need a queen just to be king," Prince Zac argued back to his sister and I kind of sunk down in my seat at his small outburst, "why do I even need to wed? Women are just soft-hearted objects that'll hold you back from achieving anything."

Me, Cathryn and Queen Melisandre gaped at what the prince had stated, and I seriously wanted to give him a piece of my mind but I knew Alaric would be annoyed if I started an argument at the dining table.

Thankfully, Cathryn stood and replied before I could even think of what I would have said to the prince. "This is exactly why this deadly event is thrown every century. It is because the prince is always too narcissistic and bloodthirsty to be able to get a wife on his own."

I started to smile and got shot daggers by Zac himself. I quickly replaced the smile on my face with a fake frown.

Prince Zac was absolutely fuming at his sister and his eyes darkened as he glared at her.

That was when King Creon had to intervene, "don't argue at the table children or I'll punish both of you."

Cathryn crossed her arms and sighed whilst lowering herself down back into her seat. "Well, I am just starting the truth. Zac has bedded so many girls that he has killed straight after sex," she mumbled.

Zac wasn't having it at all, he clenched his fists, slammed down on the table and angrily stood up before speeding out of the room.

He had killed girls after sex? What the hell?