Chapter Sixty-Six: The Crown, The Darkness.

IMPRESS

IMPRESS.

Chapter Sixty-Six: The Crown, The Darkness.

[A/N: sorry for any mistakes, editing soon]

---

Derek's POV~

"Kace Titan," Zac called, circling around the half-witch-vampire we'd tied him down on a chair and propped centre of the room, "you thought you could live the rest of your days without the truth spilling out."

Ralph had succeeded in luring Kace to a non-public place, in a small house we'd managed to borrow- well, steal from a family of four. We were all thirsty, anxious and desperate to find Natalya so our thirst levels were rising, which meant innocent lives would be lost on the way.

Kace stammered, "I- I don't know what truth you are referring to."

Yeah right, I chuckled at how brave he was to lie to a group of vampires who had him in the most vulnerable position of all. What was funnier was that Zac's ability allowed him to read people like flipping the pages of a book, so lying was not on the cards for Kace.

Zac had managed to compel the half-witch not to be able to use his magic for as long as he was in his presence. "I'm started to get really pissed off," Zac spoke through gritted teeth, aggressively squeezing Kace's cheeks in until it looked like he was sucking them in himself.

Zac locked eyes with Kace and brought him under compulsion once again, his eyes dimming as a deadly, Nixon-coloured swirl of purple flooded them, "I'm tired of this shit, which is why I compel you to tell me the truth and just the truth about Natalya's whereabouts."

I looked over to my side at Terrence who was the first I saw holding the same startled expression as mine, "I will tell you nothing but the truth," Kace robotically recalled after Zac had shoved him into the back of the chair.

The fact Prince Zac, his father, Alexander And Cathryn could compel any vampire and almost all witches because of their special royal blood always fascinated me and every other person in Asten. How they came to possess such blood fascinated everyone even more.

"We didn't take Natalya," Kace spat out, trying his best but failing to resist the compulsion.

Kace could only block out some of Zac's ability due to a charm or spell he must've put himself under, but he definitely could not defeat the compulsion.

Zac's eyes were fiery, fierce and full of rage as he connected his eyes with Kaces again, "then where the fuck is she if she isn't with you?"

Kace tried biting his lip to stop from spilling every truth but failed once again, "th- the Shadow King."

"Who?" Zac immediately questioned and halted in his steps.

We were all watching in anticipation, wondering what Kace was going to utter next.