Chapter Forty-Four: Masquerade Ball Part 3.

IMPRESS.

[Credit to the YouTube channel for the cover up top: IAmDSharp - don't know him personally but he is super talented!!]

.

.

Chapter Forty-Four: Masquerade Ball Part 3.

--

"No," I breathed out coldly, "I am not walking anywhere with you."

He brushed past me and I watched as he turned around in the light that was reflecting from the silver and blue star decorations.

Zac's entrancing brown eyes sparkled as they raked my body, immediately raising the anxiety inside of me and turning my knees to jelly.

I took a deep breath, trying hard to take in his impeccable appearance without my mouth-watering...

He had my heart skipping beats with his fine velvet, night blue suit jacket and the black bow tie tied around the neck of his white, crisp shirt that was tucked into his black, high-waist breeches.

Those smart high boots that matched his black but silver embroidered, fancy masquerade eye mask had me staring forever. What completed his look was his dark hair that was smoothly combed over and appeared glossy in the light.

I cleared my throat, snapping my head back up when I realised we were both admiring each other, "you can't possibly still be mad at me for how our date ended?"

"You might want to rephrase that question completely, Zac, or just get rid of it actually. How can I not be mad? You killed that violinist just to prove a point... It was so uncalled for!" I rose my voice, already becoming frustrated with his constant agggggh.

Zac stepped towards me bearing in mind that people who were on the floor of the ballroom were looking up at the balcony, just to eavesdrop on what was going on.

His icy touch to my cheek made me flinch and the smirk that had grown on his face made me my nostrils flare and my ears heat up. "You are only angry because you liked what you saw. The blood dripping from my lips, the murder in my eyes and what you felt, the sparks that flew when I pushed you up against that tree and-"

My hand flew up to his mouth and I widened my eyes before indicating down to the ballroom floor where the eyes of many guests were interestedly staring at us.

"Look! Everyone is listening now..." I said through my teeth with a strained and nervous smile.

Zac pulled my hand from his mouth stifling laughter, "you should have just walked with me then, instead of making a big scene about it."

I tilted my head at him and with an unimpressed scowl I folded my arms.

He sighed loudly after realising just how annoyed I was becoming before slowly turning his head around to the guests who were gaping at us and sending them a deadly glare.

As soon as the prince's eyes landed on the guests, their eyes immediately averted elsewhere and their bodies shuffling around in panic that he caught them eavesdropping.

I rolled my eyes and then showed my gratitude for his selfless action through a faint smile, "thank you, just for that, I will walk with you."

Zac was eager to speak to me and once I agreed to walk with him, a satisfied grin broke out on his face at the same time his hand came out in front of my right hand that hung at my side.

I couldn't be bothered picking a fight with him right now so after quietly exhaling, I planted my hand in his and allowed his fingers to instantly intertwine with mine.