Chapter Fifty-Three: The Darkness Rises.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Fifty-Three: The Darkness Rises

[A/N: THIS CHAPTER ISN'T EDITED SO SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES]

--

Sheepishly, I rose my head back up and worriedly eyed Blake who I had frozen in the midst of folding his arms. "It's okay, don't panic. He can't die from a little ice, all you have to do is unfreeze him," Preston tucked my hair behind both my ears and held my cheeks in his cupped hands whilst supporting saying "you can do it, I will guide you."

Harrison was just watching in fascination, eying the frozen demon crystal I had created without the intention to, "okay, thank you..." I said uneasily.

Preston slithered around to stand behind me, he pressed his chest to my back and massaged my shoulders, "it's alright that's what I am here for... Now concentrate," he instructively whispered whilst walking me towards the frozen state of Blake.

Before doing as instructed I carefully felt the ice that I had accidentally turned him to and shivered at the coldness of it, even I the one who turned him into an icicle couldn't stand the cold.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and focused as instructed. "Okay, I am focused."

"Now shut your eyes," Preston continued to rub my shoulders reassuringly, "and place your hand the ice again... Ignore how cold it is, instead let the cold take over you."

I did as told and found my body was growing immune to the cold. In fact, I could have fallen asleep at how comforting the cold cooling bloodstream was.

"Now before you relax too much, think of something you want more than just to defrost Blake," I giggled at that and Preston smiled, and although my eyes were shut, I knew he was smiling because he'd made me laugh.

I thought of him and I thought of peace. I wanted peace and quiet with Preston in a world that wasn't at war, in a world where betrayal, bloodshed and violence did not exist.

My body grew warm as I immersed myself into that pretty picture again, and I began to hear crackling. Crackling from the ice, signalling that what Preston was making me do was working. I fluttered my eyes open to see the ice melting under the warmth of my hand and when I saw the slightest movement of Blake's body I removed it, only for the rest of the ice to shatter and melt into droplets of water.

"What the hell just happened?" Blake confusedly questioned in which Kai and Harrison burst out into fits of laughter. "The idiot doesn't even know what just happened, hilarious!" Kai clapped whilst stumbling towards his 'brother'.

Harrison even had to wipe a tear from his eyes. And meanwhile, my expression was gradually morphing into a grin as I jumped to Preston.

I threw my arms around him and squealed. "We did it... We did it! Yes!!-"

Preston's hand went dangerously low at the small of my back as he corrected, "-you did it... I merely just said a few words."

I fisted my hair and looked away in disbelief that I was able to control my ability just like that, even whilst lacking Nixon... "No, Preston. You really helped me. Thank you..."

I pecked him on the cheek and shrieked when he pinched my backside. Jumping out of his arms I playfully glared at him, disapprovingly wagging my finger. "Do that again and I will turn you into a human snowman."

"I would love to see you try."

I shook my head challengingly, "don't test me."

Preston's eyes glistened, the silver in them becoming piercing as he threateningly stepped towards me, "I dare you," he devilishly smirked.