Chapter Eighty-One: Consider Me, Princess.

IMPRESS.

Song of the Chapter: Ariana Grande - Why Try (which is also the song of the chapter)

Warning: Long chapter to make up for the long wait :) Pic of Aunt Rolsin right at the top and gif of our girl Nina just above!

---

Chapter Eighty-One: Consider Me, Princess.

---

"Don't worry, I'm sure my father will tire of her sooner or later," Alexander reassured as he followed me out onto the balcony, "and if he doesn't, then I know the Queen will do whatever it takes to chase her out."

It went silent for the longest as I admired the view of Aeralin from my balcony and painfully messaged the sore bruising around my neck. I decided to turn around after gathering my thoughts and processing Alexander's words. "Xander, stop acting like you have no idea why I asked to speak to you alone," I cocked my head to the side with a knowing smile that was lowkey laced with worry.

Alexander kept his chin up, clearing his throat profusely. "Uhhh, I don't know what you're talking about?"

I don't even attempt to change my head's position, I just keep staring at him until he grows uncomfortable and decides to be straight with me. It wasn't long until Alexander began to awkwardly shift and shuffle under my gaze. "Ready to be honest with me?"

Alexander hastily sighed and shut his eyes. "Fine... I mean- I did promise your ever-so-charming fiance I wouldn't bring it up," he sarcastically said, "but if you want me to be blunt Natalya, then I will."

I couldn't even respond to Xander fast enough before he started speaking so quickly. "What I saw you do last night completely freaked me the fuck out, and even now I feel like I should maybe keep at a safe distance from you. What in the honest hell was that Natalya, what in the honest hell?!" He repeatedly questioned with his fingers rested in his dark mop of hair.

I shrugged with a sheepish smile, "surprise..."

Xander blinked in disbelief. "Surprise? Is that really all you can say... How about you start by answering my millions of questions. Since when did you have the ability to levitate people? How long have you been able to do that for? And can Alaric do it too?"

"I can't answer any of your questions until I can completely trust that you won't share any of this information with anyone including Cathryn," I stuck my hand out... "Promise me you won't say a word and only then will I speak the truth."

Xander gulped, staring at my hand for a few seconds before he decided to shake it. "You know how I feel about you, Natalya, I would never put you in danger like that. As you know my father and the Queen are very paranoid people, neither of them would react well to news like this. My father would have you burnt at the stake, and the Queen, well she would probably poison you before that."