Chapter Three: The Road To Aeralin

[PIC OF ELLA ABOVE AND PIC OF AUNT ROSLIN BELOW]

IMPRESS.

Chapter Three: The Road to Aeralin

PART 1

---

.

.

"No! What? Ella why are you happy? The IMPRESS event is dangerous?!" I exclaimed jumping to my feet and rushing into the dining area where Ella stood alongside Todd.

Ella was grinning insanely, scanning her sky-blue eyes over the ink-written words on her letter.

She looked up after hearing the concern in my voice, "Natalya, I am a vampire. I know I could die. But I also know I am going to win. Besides, I heard the prince is a complete heartthrob and his birthday is next week. Swoooooon."

I furrowed my eyes as I stared down at my feet in thought, "The prince turns 100-years-old next week?"

The prince was turning 100 years but was forever stuck in the form of a 20-year-old human. My mother, who seemed to be a librarian in all things history, always kept me up on the royals' birthdays.

"Yesssssss..." Ella says dreamily swaying side to side, whilst hugging her letter to her chest, staring into space.

Todd lifts his eyebrows at me and mouths "She is mad."

I nod in agreement before Aunt Roslin enters the kitchen with a burgundy velvet robe on her hourglass figure. "What is going on in here?"

"Mother, Ella has been chosen to compete against six other girls to impress the prince and become a queen." Todd announced whilst rubbing his hands together, only up until he finished his sentence, however.

Aunt Roslin's eyes grew so wide that I thought her eyes would be stuck like that. The way her eyes glowed so bright with a pleasant golden colour, showed her excitement and delight. "That is wonderful!! Pass me the letter darling."

Ella passed the letter to her mother, who read it with glee, "This is fantastic! You, my dove, are going to win this competition and be a queen. Trust me."

I didn't want to say anything like 'don't do it' because, judging by how happy Aunt Roslin is, she would not be happy if someone got in the way of Ella winning this deadly competition.

Marcus finally decided to join in all the commotion, "What if she loses a stage and gets killed, mother?" At least the boy has sense.

"Yeah, what if she loses?" I repeat Marcus' words and earn a glare from everyone except for Todd. "Never mind... sorry," I mumble and back up a little.

As you can see anyone in this house could tear me to pieces at any moment, which is quite frightening at times.

"Ella won't lose - will you Ella?" Aunt Roslin said with a threatening undertone in her voice.