Chapter Eleven: The Six Girls Part 2

PART 2

---

"Lady Ascelyn?" The King questioned standing from his seat and to his feet.

He didn't want me to compete. He was worried about me. I could tell.

King Creon was frowning and his eyebrows were furrowed. Queen Melisandre followed his actions and stood from her seat, "darling, the competition is deadly, are you willing to risk your own life?"

I didn't know whether the queen was happy seeing me put my life at risk or sad to see me competing for the love of her son and her crown.

"Yes, your grace, I am sure that I want to compete, it's 1750 after all, I think its about time a human won the crown," I said unconvincingly and could see Princess Cathryn nudging my brother to do something.

Cathryn wanted to do something about it but Alaric was trying to reassure her I would be fine.

However, Alexander wasn't having this. "I don't think she knows what she is doing, your majesty," Alexander was trying to persuade me to stop what I was doing.

I tilted my head at what he was implying. "I am not drunk nor am I crazy so don't worry I am pretty certain that I know what I am doing, thank you..." I forced a smile, annoyed at Alexander for trying to intervene although I knew it was all for good intentions.

The crowd laughed at my reply to Alexander whilst he just backed up and frowned as he turned his eyes to his father, the King.

"You can only compete if you have two mentors," Roger spoke to me for the first time in days.

I nodded and then scanned the audience, "who would like to help me then?"

Lord Hilbert would definitely not be up for the risk of putting his life in danger, so I didn't even look at him for support. The public that surrounded me conversed and I stood patiently waiting for two people to stand in as my mentors.

I wish my brother would mentor me, but he helped create the stages so he possibly couldn't.

"I will be your first mentor," Alexander was majorly testing his father and the Queen behind the smirk on his face and I pursed my lips smiling.

"Thanks-" As I thank Alexander for his loyalty another person steps out of the crowd.

This time a young olive-skinned lady with dark brown eyes. Strange. I didn't even know the lady but she was willing to put her life in danger for me, I admire that.

The lady was stunning, she was wearing a glamorous black dress that exposed and made her breasts look bigger than they actually were. The lady had gorgeous straight brown hair that was sleeked back into a tight ponytail. She wore red lipstick and her eyes were lined with black.

"I will be your second mentor if you'll take me, my lady. I am Evelyn Persian," Evelyn said as she moved beside Alexander who was struggling to keep his eyes from her chest.

I smiled and gave the lady a nod, "I will take you, thank you."

"Then I wish you luck, Natalya," King Creon said slowly with a faint smile on his face as I looked at him, "you shall compete in this century's IMPRESS event."

Everyone seems to think I am too weak to handle myself in this competition but, since I have a brother that knows every single stage of the event off by heart, I am pretty confident.

The Queen admired the confidence I had, I could see it through her eyes.

"Human, Natalya Ascelyn, daughter of Lord and Lady Ascelyn-"