Chapter Six: Burning Sanity

IMPRESS.

Chapter Six: Burning Sanity

[A/N: Image of Francisco Lachowski who plays Prince Zach but you can picture the prince as anyone else if you'd like]

--

"Okay, no problem. I won't wander around the castle after 8 and I will not go back down there again. I will remain pure. I will not allow anyone to feed on me. And I will not piss off the royals, especially the prince. I will do everything he tells me to do." I promise my brother with my hand over my heart.

I know for a fact I'll break one of these promises sooner or later.

Alaric chuckles when I exhale from holding my breath for too long and smiles approvingly. "This is one of the reasons I invited you here sister. I knew you would cooperate. I am glad you like your room, servants and dresses. That dress was a good choice, the king, queen, prince and princess will be impressed that you made an effort. Well, knowing the prince he may not even acknowledge you until I introduce you to him."

We were stood in the hallway near some lords who were deep in conversation. Alaric told me that he'd lead me to the kitchens to find my handmaidens, fortunately. Derek left just as soon as we left the dungeon and went his own way.

"I'm glad I am here too. Aunt Roslin kicked me out as soon as she heard that I was coming here. I had a feeling I couldn't count on her so it doesn't matter." I revealed and Alaric balled his fists.

"I despise that woman." He said with a tone laced with anger, his eyes growing darker by the second.

I placed my hand on my brother's arm and felt an electric shock. "Ow, did you just shock me?"

Alaric quickly shushed me and before I knew it my surroundings had changed and I was back in my bedroom after a large gust of air hit my hair. "Don't talk about my ability out in the open like that, these walls have ears. And yes I shocked you but not intentionally. It happens when I am angry."

"Oh, sorry." I rubbed my arm and steadied myself after feeling completely dizzy.

Alaric sighed, "it's fine," before I could even take another breath Alaric spoke again, "wait. Has your ability triggered yet?" He grabbed my hands and studied them as if expecting something miraculous to happen.

I suddenly frown and shake my head, "no not yet. I am afraid I won't have one and I'll just be a helpless little girl."

Alaric looked down at me pitifully and brought the back of his hand to my face, dragging it down the side of my face gently. "I think one ability has triggered for sure sister, your beauty is simply undefinable. I have the urge to protect you because I know once I introduce you, no man will want to leave you be."

"Stop, I am not beautiful. I looked in the mirror and just saw the same boring reflection I have always seen of myself. I doubt any man would chase after me and if they do, I fear for myself because my blood seems to always get everyone's attention." I admit and sniff up because of my runny nose.

My brother took my hands in his and looked me in the eyes, "yes your blood is something different, I can smell it a mile away and god is it mouth-watering, Natalya. But, don't you worry I have already had a drink and so has the prince and the king."

"And that stupid nonsense about a boring reflection, you are my sister and no sister of mine is ugly. Natalya, even human, you have vampire characteristics. One of them being that you are brave and, of course, stunning. The royals will be impressed." Alaric genuinely smiles at me whilst pulling me towards the exit of my bedroom.