new in town *edited*

I moved here to try and start over; I've changed. Before my transformation I murdered ruthlessly and didn't care a thing about it. Once I arrived in this bucolic town I didn't thing I would stay as long as I have. There's one person who's made me stay longer than expected.

zayn

I grab my luggage out of the vintage rental truck and walked to the door of my uncle's house. I knock on the wooden door and it opens, presenting my uncle James. "Zayn, nice to see you again." He grins, opening the door wider for me to walk in.

"Do you have any more bags?" He asks before shutting the door. I shake my head, pouring me a glass of scotch.

"What has crawled up your ass?" He snaps.

I growl, slamming the fragile glass against the polished, wooden counter. "I'm fucking hungry from that long ass ride to this place and don't forget, I had to sit by a bunch of mortals." I snap, the glass breaking in my fit hand.

A loud, infectious laugh makes its way in to my ears. I really dislike this vampire hearing. I snarl, opening the curtain covering the bay window. I squint and see a bubbly, brunette walking down the street with an unknown woman.

A little part of me wanted to run out there and attach my teeth to their tan necks and devour them. A faint whiff of their pumping blood attains my nose. I restrain myself but grabbing the wooden posts beside the window.

“Who’s that girl?” I snarl towards my uncle.

He walks towards the window, peaking through the curtains. “The brunette is Victoria Mason and…” He goes to speak but I cut him off. “That’s all I needed to know.” I whisper, walking towards the back door.

“Where are you going, Zayn?” My uncle questions.

I wave him off, slamming the door behind me.

I make my way towards the ancient, saplings. The aromas of different animals fill my nose. I groan, slamming my hand against an old willow tree. The striking brunette continues to fill my head.

After I control my urges, I sink my teeth in to the fleecy faunae. I wipe my bloodstained mouth and make my way back towards the hoary house.

“How was your meal?” Uncle James probes as I walk through the door. I shrug. “I’d rather have a woman’s neck.” I grumble, sitting in the lounge chair.

“Who is this, Victoria Mason?” I query. He pours a glass of whiskey and sits on the couch in front of me. “She’s an only child and she lives in the lofty, white house.” He voices. I nod.

“Work anywhere?” I question.

“Actually yes at her parent’s diner on Main Street.” He verbalizes. I rub my scruffy beard with my hand, taking a sip of my scotch. “Single?” I ask with a smirk.

He shakes his head. “No, you are not getting involved with her until you are sure you won’t kill her.” He yells. “Fuck off.” I laugh, making my way upstairs to my boudoir.

I haven’t been here in years. My life just got way too twisted to ever step foot back in this vintage town. I throw my luggage on the floor and walk towards the bookshelf filled with all my books from the 1800s.

I look through the cupboard and find a timeworn photo album. There were many pictures from the time when I actually liked my brother, before he went absolutely outrageous. I put the album back on the shelf and look out my window at the brunette girl sitting on a bench down the street, reading.

She suddenly looks up and our eyes meet. Her topaz eyes look deeply in to mine. I shut the curtains immediately, walking over to my bed. Why the hell is a human taking over my mind? I exhale and grab the brown, leather book. This is the book that has been with me since the very beginning. From my ripper days to my sober days.

I grab the ink pen and write about her. I might not know a thing about this woman but I want to know more. I can’t walk around this town without knowing her. Her electric blue eyes intrigue me and leave me wanting to walk straight over to her.

Her laugh repeats in my head over and over again. I move back to window and open the curtain. I look around and the white bench is empty. No sign of the erotic woman. I sigh walking to the cupboard beside the bookshelf, pulling out a glass bottle of scotch.

I drink a heavy gulp from the bottle and sit down in my chair in front of the fire place. “Zayn?” James yells.

I set the bottle of scotch on the table and make my way downstairs.

“Would you like to go in to town with me tomorrow, I know it has been a while since you’ve been here.” He rambles. I shake my head. “I think I’ll be fine, I’m a grown man.” I chuckle.

He exhales, taking a seat. “I know why you are acting like this.” I state.

“You think that I am going to go on a rampage if I walk out of the house by myself without holding your hand.” I scream. He stands up, getting in my face. “I knew you back then, Zayn.” He snaps.

“You were a ripper, you only cared about blood.” He yells.

I push him back, sending him in to the wall. I make my way upstairs and throw the bookcase against the wall.

I take a deep breath and lay on my bed. A sudden thought of the mysterious Victoria calms me down.

First thing tomorrow I will figure this beautiful woman out.

___________________________________________________

this is the edited chapter! it is different from the un-edited chapter