added gasoline to the fire *edited*

Victoria

The bright sun penetrated my eyelids, waking me up. I look up to see Zayn sleeping, his hair ruffled and sexy. “Good morning.” He whispers, eyes still shut.

I jump off his chest in surprise. “How did you know I was awake?” I question, wrapping the sheet around my chest. “Vampire senses, my love.” He winks, pulling me back down on his chest. I giggle quietly, tracing the tattoos that litter his chest. “I almost lost control last night.” He whispers.

I exhale and look up at him. “But you didn’t.” I whisper back.

He shakes his head, rubbing his bearded face. “I could’ve.” He murmurs. I sigh, kissing his cheek. “Stop worrying.” I whisper, laying my head back on his chest.

 He sighs and dances his fingers a long my back. “Does it hurt?” I question. I feel him tense but continue to rub my back. “At first but some say pleasurable.” He states. I nod and look up at him. “What about you? How did it feel when you were bitten?” I question.

I hear him take a deep breath before speaking. “I don’t remember much but it was with someone who I didn’t think would do any harm to me.” He states, dropping the subject. I sit up, running my fingers through my hair.

“I need answers, I can’t wait any longer.” I whisper.

Zayn leans against the headboard, the sheet dangerously low. “When I first became a vampire, along with my brother, he had a girlfriend named Isabella. I was a ripper back then; I attacked every human with blood running through their veins. One night Isabella went for a walk and I attacked her, I ended up draining the life out of her.” Zayn voices, looking down at his hands.

“Calum was furious with me, he said he would get his revenge one day and now he’s getting it.” He states. I move over to sit in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. “I’m not scared of you, I trust you.” I whisper.

“I promise to protect you from him.” He whispers, looking at me with his deep brown eyes. I smiles softly and smash our lips together softly. He groans, pulling away. “I need to go get something to eat; will you be alright by yourself?” He asks.

I nod, laying back down on his bed. “Don’t leave this room.” He states, pulling on his clothes and walking out, locking the door behind me. I sigh and grab his t-shirt off the ground, throwing it over my frame.

Zayn

I walked around the forest floor, searching for my next meal when Calum jumps off of a branch in front of me. “I forgot you were in to animals.” He laughs.

I roll my eyes, leaning against a tree. “What the hell do you want?” I snap. He chuckles, walking behind me. “It was very dumb of you to leave your girl for such a long time; anything can happen you know.” He winks, disappearing.

I immediately run towards Victoria’s house. Once I arrive I spot smoke rising in the air. The house was covered in flames. I see Victoria and her family standing in front of their house with a bunch of firefighters asking them questions.

Victoria looks at me and immediately runs in to my arms. I hold her tightly against me. “Are you alright?” I question, tugging the coat tighter around her frame. She nods, keeping her face shielded in my chest. “It was him wasn’t it?” She whispers.

I exhale, watching the flames die down from the hose of water. “He won’t get away with this, I promise.” I state, gritting my teeth.

“Tell your parents that you’re staying with me tonight, I’ll be waiting in your car.” I whisper in her ear, kissing her cheek before walking towards her car. I get behind the wheel and wait for Victoria. I watch her parents hug her and she hurriedly walks to the car, getting in quietly.

I step on the gas, flying down to the road towards my uncle’s home. “I should’ve been there.” I voice, breaking the silence.

I hear sigh and grab my hand as I park in the driveway. “You didn’t know, Zayn.” She whispers. I shake my head, looking out the window. “If I were there, I could’ve prevented it.” I state. I step out of the car, slamming the door shut.

She follows me out, walking over to me. “Zayn, stop beating yourself up about it.” She shouts. I look down at her with a small smirk on my face. “Did you just yell at me?” I question, walking closer towards her.

She looks at me with wide, innocent eyes. “Y-Yeah I did.” She stutters. I walk closer to her, baring my teeth playfully. She screams with a small laugh, running towards the front door. I catch up with her, leaning her against the door. “What are you going to do to me, you big bad vamp?” She laughs. I chuckle, kissing her neck softly.

“Bite you.” I whisper, bringing my lips to hers.

She giggles. “Where?” She whispers against my lips, arching her back so her body is pressed firmly against mine.

“You’re driving me insane.” I chuckle, lifting her in my arms and walking inside the house. I carry her up the stairs, walking in to my room. I lay her down on the bed, kissing her passionately.

“Go to sleep, you’ve had a rough night.” I whisper as we pull away. She pouts as I take my clothes off. “You need a t-shirt?” I ask. She nods, lifting the jacket off her body. I hand her the shirt and she pulls it on quickly. I make my way beside her, laying her head on my chest.

“Don’t leave.” She whispers. I smile softly, running my fingers through her hair.

“Don’t leave me either.” I whisper back, closing my eyes.

______________________________________________________

this is the edited chapter and it used to be called "Bound to You"

comment

vote

fan