five am coffee *edited*

Zayn

As I made my way out of the hospital I cursed myself more than twenty times. It was injudicious of me to stay with her. I get in to my car as my phone starts ringing.

“Hello?” I answer gruffly.

“Zayn, come to the manor quick.” Uncle James pants. I press the gas and arrive at the manor quickly. “What’s going on?” I yell throughout the house. Uncle James calls me down to the basement and I walk hastily downstairs. “I found her on my walk through the woods.” He whispers.

I immediately smell the scent of human blood. I look behind him and spot a dead woman with half her neck ripped off. I clench my jaw. “She smells like him.” I whisper, examining the body. He nods. “I know I could smell him from a mile away.” James mutters.

I wrap the body in the black tarp and throw it over my shoulder. “I’m going to go in the woods and burn the body.” I voice. “If you smell him, yell for me.” I whisper, using my vampire speed to appear in the middle of the forest. I throw the dead body in front of me and throw my lit lighter on top of it.

I stand and watch it go up in to flames when I hear soft noises. It was him. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know.

Victoria

I lay down softly on my bed after the long ride back from the dreaded hospital. It’s around five am and I can’t seem to fall asleep. I stand and put on my comfy clothes and make my way out of the house. The café up the street opens at five so I think it’s time for a much needed coffee.

As I open the door to the café, I order a cappuccino and sit down at the table farthest away from the door. I look around at all the indie paintings and a sudden ring of a bell distracts me from my daze. I look towards the door and see Zayn with disheveled hair make his way to the counter.

“Just a black coffee.” He mutters to the barista.

He suddenly turns his head and we make eye contact. I hurriedly look down at my book, trying not to make myself obvious. After a couple of minutes the chair in front of me scrapes the ground. I look up to see Zayn with a smirk plastered on his flawless face.

“Good morning.” He pronounces, taking a sip of his coffee. I close my book and smile. “Good morning to you as well.” I whisper. He grins, setting his coffee down. “Why are you here so early?” He probes.

I shrug. “I just had a hard time sleeping.” I whisper. He nods. “What are you doing here so early?” I retort. He smiles. “Early riser.” He smirks.

As the morning grew brighter we both stayed in the coffee shop talking. At around nine am I stand up. “I’m sorry but I have a shift at the diner at nine-thirty.” I whisper, woeful that I have to leave. He nods, throwing away his third cup of coffee.

“I’ll walk you out.” He voices.

I walk slowly beside him as he walks me to my house. It was silent, making it a little awkward. “Would you like to go to dinner with me?” He questions, breaking the silence.

I turn to look at him. “I would like that.” I whisper with a small smile. He smiles. “Wonderful, I’ll pick you up at seven.” He confirms. As we make our way up my old porch, he grabs my arm stopping me from opening the door. “I had a content time with you.” He whispers, planting a soft kiss on my powdered cheek.

“Goodbye, Victoria.” He verbalizes, walking down the steps and to the sidewalk. I blush and walk in to my house. “Where have you been?” My mother shouts. I groan. “I got some coffee from the café.” I whisper. She sighs. “You need to sleep; you’ve been staying up almost every night.” My mother complains. I exhale and walk up the stairs.

“Don’t worry about coming in today, get some rest.” My mom voices. I jump on my bed and close my eyes. Images of Zayn fill my thoughts as I drift off to a much needed sleep.

Zayn

As I shut the door to the manor I can’t help but think of Victoria. This morning all thoughts of killing someone went away while I talked with her. She made me forget that I was a monster, I almost felt human again. I pour myself a glass of scotch and look through the window at the morning sun.

Tomorrow is my date with Victoria and I haven’t been on a date in years. I’ve only fucked and bit.

In my ripper days I only cared about sex and blood. I never cared a bit about a woman’s feelings. I close my eyes and a sudden drowsiness waves over me. A part of me feels that the date will be a disaster because of him.

But maybe the odds will be in my favor.

__________________________________________________________

this is the edited chapter and it used to be called "Why are you here...".

this is kinda different from the original.

comment

vote

fan