Chapter 1 - Training, Threatening and Five Minutes Before Capture the Flag

****One week later****

Lexi POV:

Connor's fist flies at me but I dodge it and slap him upside the head. Literally.

"Oh come on Lexi!" He says, exasperated.

"You were the one who wanted to spar with me." I smirk.

"Yeah I thought I was going to be sparring with you, not freaking Black Widow!" He says panting, resting his hands on his knees.

"I did learn from the best." I smile and tackle him, pinning him to the ground. "Rule 1, never let your guard down."

"Ha ha, now let me up." Connor says, his voice vibrating my knee against his chest.

"Fine, you are really sweaty anyway." I say and get off of him.

"Really? Lexi come here I want a hug," He says, his voice sparkling with mischief.

"Oh no you don't!!" I yell as he chases me around the training arena, his arms wide open trying to embrace me in his sweaty mess. He eventually catches me and spins me around, the two of us laughing our hearts away.

"Ewwww! You're all nasty!" I exclaim, still laughing. "Now I need a shower."

"Under one condition Lexi." He teases, kissing my forehead. "You finally show me how you shoot so well."

"Fine." I smirk, kissing his cheek. "But just so you know, I'm awful at archery and you know it."

And then he gives me the "seriously" face and lets me go. "You know you almost out shot Barton during training. You would have at least tied him if he didn't distract you!"

I laugh and start setting up targets. "Yeah, that was a fun day." I sigh. "I'm surprised you were still around to notice. I thought you were with Owen and his gang by then."

Connor tenses beside me as I secure the last target.

"I really am sorry about that. I never realized I was pushing you away." He says, looking down.

I sadly smile. "It's not your fault. You were just trying to fit into SHIELD. It's a natural human instinct. Plus, I've forgiven you for that." He smiles and wraps his arms around me. I hang my hands around his neck and realize how much the two of us have changed since we were last in Camp. Scratch that, how much he's changed since we were last here. I'm still unattractive me. He's much more muscular than he used to be and we both grew a little too. He's a little tan from the last week under the sun, making his gray eyes pop.

"I don't deserve you." He says looking down. My head snaps up toward him in shock.

"Don't you dare say that again." I tell him sternly. "Don't you dare do that to yourself. I'm probably the one who doesn't deserve you. I'm not pretty, I'm small, I'm w-" I say, but he silences me with a kiss, effectively shutting me up. Our lips move in sync and we pull away too soon. Our foreheads and noses touching.

"Fine, you aren't pretty." He says. "You're beautiful, smart, funny, caring, and can kick ass when you need to. And I would bet my life on you, because I love you."

I blush, the heat rising to my cheeks. I reach up and kiss him again, quicker this time but with the same intensity. "I love you too."

"What is this a makeout session or training?" Some annoying voice says.

We look toward to the voice only to find Aaron, the camper that yelled in my face when we arrived in camp. He's a son of Hermes so I always feel bad for my friends in cabin eleven who have to deal with him.