Chapter 28 - I don't remember giving any of you an address + SNEAK PEEK

A/N: I got like one person's response for a Flash Fanfic and that's literally all I needed for motivation XD.

I'm sad I know.

Anyway, a sneak peak at the cover and the prologue is down at the end of the part! So I hope you guys enjoy. I'll see you guys in the author's note :)

Lexi POV:

After saying goodbye to the pegasi, Steve, Natasha and I walk through the quiet neighborhood until I spot the house we're looking for. While Nat leans on Steve for support, I knock on Sam's door. After a moment, he opens the door to see the three of us, grimy, dirty and extremely tired.

"Hey guys," Sam says.

"I'm sorry about this," Steve says. "We need a place to lay low."

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha adds.

Sam looks around to see if anyone is watching us before opening the door wider. "Not everyone."  

We all walk into Sam's house and he shuts the door behind us, closing the blinds. He shows us his spare room and bathroom and finds us some spare clothes. Somehow.

Steve and Natasha let me in the bathroom first, which I tried to fight but did not win. And let me just say, after nearly getting blown up, a warm shower feels like the best thing in the world.

I wipe down with a clean towel and put on the clothes that Sam gave me. I slip on the jeans and smirk as I find a blue t-shirt in the mix and put it on as well. I walk out of the bathroom and Nat slips in after me.

Steve sits on the bed lost in thought and I sit down next to him. "You alright?"

He lets out an airy laugh. "I should be asking you that. You just found out your mom died trying to expose HYDRA."

"She was always one of the bravest people I've ever known," I said with a smile. "Back then, there was nothing I wouldn't give to know the truth about what really happened. Now? Well, now I know. And I don't feel one bit better Steve."

Steve pulls me into a hug and sighs. "I know this is something you've already heard, but you just need time. It won't change what happened, just make it easier to handle."

"Thank you," I say, pulling out of the hug. Steve smiles and wipes my tears away. "Just returning a favor."

I let out a little laugh and give him a sisterly kiss on the side of his forehead before getting up. "You know you can come to me for anything Steve. Name it, and I'll be there."

He smiles too. "Thank you."

"Anytime," I say and walk out of the room to greet Sam in the kitchen.

"Thank you for taking us in," I tell Sam.

"Three Avengers show up at your door, I couldn't just not do anything," Sam responds, pouring me some orange juice. 

"I know what you mean," I say, accepting the glass gratefully. "But still, thank you."

"Anytime Blue," Sam says with a smile and I snort. "That's not going away is it?"

"Not on my watch. But can I ask you something?" He says.

"You just did," I smirk, raising an eyebrow and he gives me a look. "I'm kidding! If the answer isn't classified I will gladly share. What's up?"

"How did you find my place? I don't remember giving either of you an address."

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly. "Yeah, that's because you didn't. I remoted into the VA's employee database from my phone on the way here. Looked up your file and found your address."