Chapter 5 - We've kept an eye on you two. (That's not creepy or anything)

Connor POV: (Same time as when Lexi was with Coulson's team)

"Okay Griffen, this should be good. You are free to go."  Pierce says, looking over my shoulder at my work. I was helping to design some of the circuitry and computer systems for the new Insight helicarriers where the algorithms and instructions will be saved and stored.

"Thank you sir." I say and pack up my bags. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and walk back to my room excited. This is the first break I've had in a while and I hope Lexi's going to be excited. I unlock the door an call out for her.

"Lexi! Babe where are you?!" I drop my bag next to my bed and walk around our little room. Bathroom, no. Bedroom, no. Living Room, no. I frown and pull up my laptop.

Lexi couldn't have forgotten today could she? A notification blinks that I have one unread message. I click it and an email from Lexi comes up.

Hey Wise Guy,

You know how much I wanted to be there for your birthday and I am truly sorry that I cannot be there to share it with you. I finally got a mission after these boring couple weeks so I took it. I didn't even know this would be a multiple day thing. Some unknown idiot organization is hoarding Chitauri and Leviathan remains so they sent us in. Horrible timing, I know.

I miss you loads staring out the window at the clouds from here. Yes I'm in a plane and for once, I'm not panicking. Maybe the fear finally disappeared. I just sparred with this one girl on the team who is training to become an agent. She is so chill its great. We even pranked her SO! His face when he saw two Skyes.....I need to find a picture.

Anyway I emailed you to wish you a Happy Birthday. I was going to save this for when you came back but open up the fridge and move the milk out of the way. I couldn't leave without leaving something for you. ;) Your gift is in my drawer under the notebook.

Love you loads,

Lexi <3

I smile weakly, slightly saddened that she couldn't be here. I open the fridge and push the milk aside to find a little black takeout box with a blue post-it note. I pull it out and look at the note that has silver handwriting.

Happy Birthday Bae!

Luv,   ➵

I smile slightly wider this time and open up the box to find a chocolate cupcake with chocolate cream cheese frosting, chocolate chips in the cake and white crystal sprinkles on the top. My favorite.

Then, I go over to her drawer and past notebook I never knew she had, I find a little box with the Stark Industries logo on it. I flip it open and find a silver watch and another blue note.

So I knew you needed somewhere to keep your shield that was kinda under the radar  and I had a feeling you didn't exactly want to copy Cap so I got Tony give me one of the watches he was making with a TON of things crammed into it. Then I brought it to Leo......and you can imagine what happened then. Festus, Calypso and I literally watched him fangirl over that watch's presence for a good ten minutes. Seriously, saying he was a huge Tony Stark fan would be an understatement.

So yeah that watch is Tony + Leo...........let's hope it doesn't blow up with that personality combination.

Twist the top part to go to the Stark tech and tap it once to go all Leo stuff. We were experimenting with metals and we noticed that the silver that my stuff is made out of acts the most like vibranium. So yeah, we're silver twins now.

I hope you like it! And owls.....

Lexi <3

I smile at her letter and look at the watch. Looks like a standard watch until I twisted it. Then a holographic image came up with tons of commands and extensions.