Chapter 3 - You look awfully healthy for someone who's supposed to be dead

***Three weeks later**** (A/N: because I write horrible filler chapters)

Lexi POV:

Three weeks since I left camp. Almost a month and a half since the Battle of New York. (my second battle of New York technically)

Turns out there weren't any missions waiting for me. So Fury lied to me, no suprise there. I'm starting to realize why Tony doesn't trust him as much as I originally did. Connor did have a project so I rarely see him anymore. Its called Project Insight or something. He got moved up to a level six agent for the project as well. I don't exactly have clearance for that....so yeah, I don't know much about it.

I moved into Stark Towers a little while ago, and to be honest, I love it there. Connor and I share the place. Its this huge space that's takes up about two stories. Downstairs there is a kitchenette, a bathroom and three bedrooms. One of them is mine, one its Connor's and a guest one. It has access to the balcony so I can call Pegasi as needed. The elevator also connects to the downstairs level. Then up the spiral staircase and you arrive in Demigod Haven. Or any videogame nerd's haven. We've got beanbag chairs, a ton of gaming consoles, laptops, giant tvs, gaming chairs, headsets, you name it, we got it. Plus a ton of movies as well.

Perks of living in the same penthouse as a billionaire.

I've been training a lot with Clint and Natasha lately and to be honest, I get creamed every freaking time. But I'm getting better....hopefully. They have been pushing me to my limits to prepare me for the worst. And I am actually grateful. I really don't want to fall twenty thousand feet again. I heard that sometime in January I'm being relocated to Washington D.C. with Natasha, Steve and Connor to SHIELD's new building that is currently under construction. But until then, I'm staying put here. For now.

"Hey Lexi? You gonna stop daydreaming or what?" Sammy's voice snaps me from my thoughts. She waves her hand him

"What?" I ask looking around at what I missed and slapping her hand away at the same time..

"Fury actually has a mission for you." She says. "It came in like fifteen minutes ago. And apparently..."She smiles, looking down at the file, "We're gonna get level seven clearance for this stuff."

I laugh curling my fingers together like a cliche movie villain. "Ooh what dirty little SHIELD secrets are we gonna find out now."

"Keep talking like that and you're gonna turn into Iron Man." Agent Hill says, walking out of the elevator.

"We wouldn't want that now would we?" Sammy laughs.

"No we really don't need two Tony Starks. The world already has to deal with one." She says, letting out a rare smile. "You two ready for debriefing?"

Sammy and I nod and she ushers us back into the elevator. "Information Surveillance and Analysis." She says to the computer.

"Agents Carson and Segal do not have authorization for this level."

"Override Beta Level 7. Order of Agent Maria Hill."

"Override confirmed."

I look at the control panel curiously as the elevator sinks deeper into the compound. "Director Fury teach you that one?"

"No, but someone else did."

The elevator doors open to reveal a room full of computers and people running back and forth, analyzing information, threats and all of that fun stuff.

"We received information about a group of people who had collected Chitauri and Levathian remains from the battle. You two will be working together with a team to collect the remains and the suspects." Hill says, leading us to a room away from the bustle.