Chapter 33 - "We're okay,"

Please read the author's note at the end of this one guys! But until then enjoy the chapter!!

Lexi POV:

The pain in my arm is unbearable but with the time limit Connor and I are on, I don't have the luxury or time to heal it. The Helicarriers have already started to crumble at their own expense and there's one heading straight for the Triskelion. 

Perfect placement, I know.

"Lexi," Connor hisses at me.

"If you tell me that I need to rest one more time, I am going to punch you." I huff.

"I was actually going to say we overshot the conference room." He says.

"Oh............my bad," I respond and we turn the right corner only to find the way blocked.

"You're not getting in there," Owen says, standing boldly in front of us with a team of agents at his disposal.

"Where do these people keep coming from?!" Connor sighs,  reaching for towards the icer on his side.

"Owen," I say, putting my good hand out. "You don't want to do this."

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to beat your little face to the ground." Owen spits. "Why were you the favorite? Why did everyone love you? You're just a pathetic little twig that people pity so they feel better about themselves."

"At least I don't prey on other's insecurities and weaknesses to hide my own," I shoot back.

"Straight up savage......" Connor mumbles quietly while Owen's eyes narrow and he sets his jaw. 

Looks like I'm Hagrid because I should not have said that.

"Kill them," He orders and the agents pull their guns out aiming straight at us.  I throw an ice wall up in front of us and push it forward, throwing the agents off of their feet.

Connor, with his quick thinking, grabs my hand and we sprint past the dazed agents and we duck into the conference room where Fury and Natasha should be. And we both make it in just in time to watch Alexander Pierce take two bullets to the chest.

Connor opens his mouth to say something, but shuts it, unsure what to say at this point, and honestly, I don't blame him.

Fury helps Natasha back up and we all make our way to the helicopter. And once it get's in the air, I sink back into the seat, feeling the blood loss and the strain of the past three days. Connor notices my pain and pulls me onto his chest.

"Just a little while longer." He murmurs.

"I just want a nap." I groan and I can feel his chest vibrate with his laugh. I can see Natasha and Fury talking so I turn my comms back on to listen in on the conversation.

"Sam, where are you?" Natasha asks.

"Fourty-first floor, north-west corner!" Sam yells and Fury maneuvers the helicopter in that direction.

"We're on it, stay where you are." She advises.

"Not an option!" He responds and I steady myself in the seat, my hands out, ready to throw ice in his direction to try and catch him.

A flicker of movement catches my eye and I spot Sam launching himself out the window. Mustering as much energy as I have, I throw my hands in his direction, water spiraling out of my gloves towards him and pulling him right into the helicopter. One of the doors breaks off with the force of the fall and the three of us nearly fall out, but we all somehow manage to hang on.