Chapter 17 - Breaking in the Recruits and The Potato Gun Mark II

Lexi POV:

**Time skip of two weeks brought to you by Lexi making movie references and Connor nodding along, pretending to have a clue what she is talking about.**

It's been two weeks since the Malibu incident. Things are back to normal, or about as normal as they will get around SHIELD. To sum up the last two weeks, Pepper got the Extremis extracted from her bloodstream, Tony got the reactor in his chest removed and they both moved into Stark Tower. And I think Bruce moved in recently too. I've been training up the Strike Team Demigod recruits and they have made some progress. Good or bad progress......well that's another story.

Also, Thor had a throw down in London. Just mentioning that. I heard that Coulson's team went to go take care of the wreckage from Sammy.

So yeah, the last two weeks have been quite interesting.

I step out of the shower and change into my exercise tights and throw on a blue tank top. Once I grab my jewelry, I head on down from my room to the training hall.

"Hey, guys!" I call, walking into to the room.

"Why am I up this early Lexi." Tessa groans at me.

"Come on Tressa, you know how this whole "secret agent/spy" thing works," Olivia reassures.

Louis laughs at their argument and Syd rolls her eyes.

"Okay, guys. Come on in." I say beckoning them to me. "So we've already worked all of you through weapons training. And you guys did great. Agent Hill approved the tapes."

"Wait there were tapes?!" Louis questions, almost worried.

"What, is there a problem Ballerose?" I smirk remembering his little incident when he tried shooting a gun for the first time.

"No," he replies. "None at all."

"Good," I say. "So now that weapons training is complete, we are going to move on to hand-to-hand combat training. Starting with the bags. However, I still expect the four of you to come back here on your own time and practice with your weapons training. The worst time to feel rusty is when you are on a mission. Go grab a punching bag and have at it."

"That's it?" Syd questions. "No demonstration? No instruction? Just have at it?"

"Everyone's body reacts in a different way. Some are flexible others.....not so much. Your own supervising officers will individually teach you the specific moves. I've just been here to introduce you guys to SHIELD and ease you in through the transition. That answer your question Syd?"

She shrugs and they all file out to a punching bag and I grab a water bottle. As I take a drink, a pair of arms embraces me and I relax.

"Hey, Connor." I sigh.

"Hi Lex," He replies. "How's it going?"

"Much better now that you're here," I smile, turning in his arms and giving him a quick peck on the lips. I turn back to the recruits......who probably need my help.

"I should go, Connor. They need my help. We're only going to be here for another week and a half before we get transferred to the Triskelion and I join Natasha and Steve's team so I need to get as much time in with them as I can."

"I know, I know." He says, smirking into that ridiculous smile. "A boyfriend's got to try you know?"

"Well, it was a good shot," I smirk, before walking away toward Tressa. "See you later!"

"Okay, first of all, Tressa," I say as I approach her. "Beating the living daylight out of something like the way you were isn't going to help. Use controlled anger. The world already has one Hulk, we don't need another. Don't forget to try kicking the bag as well. I know you used to do gymnastics so you can easily kick that high if you need to." I advise. She nods and starts punching the bag, this time controlling her strength.