Chapter 8 - Other Segal and The Barton Household

Lexi POV:

I stand with my arms crossed next to Agent Hill as she questions Jessica. She answers every question thrown at her confidently and with some level of sophistication. If she's anything like her sister, Jessica will do great here. But there is a clear difference between Jessica and her sister.

"Alright, that sums up the interview. If you will follow Agent Carson here, she will take you around the facility and help you get situated."

"That's Agent Carson? Silver Arrow? She's an avenger. If she can get in so easliy, why didn't anyone else? I thought the Avengers were supposed to be Earth's Mightiest Heroes. She's a clear wimp." Jessica challenges.

Jessica has an attitude. One that is going to drive me crazy. And why does everyone hate me? Is this seriously a thing now? Question Silver Arrow just because she has short problems?

"Oh they are." I say, my eyes narrowing. "Each of us earned our place there."

She snorts. "What did you do, give the Avengers cute little puppy eyes? They probably pity you."

"Perhaps. Now, come on. I don't have all day." I say, walking out of the room. When Jessica doesn't follow, I turn around and glare at her. "That's an order Agent Segal. You may have your badge, but you are going to have to work to keep it. Unlike how it works at the Academy, here you get your badge first, and then work your butt of to keep it. Insulting a higher level agent is one way to get you kicked out."

"Fine Agent Carson. If you insist on taking me." She sneers. She walks past me, shoving her shoulder into mine. However, I'm used to stuff like that from training so when she slams my should, I hold firm and she flinches, clutching her upper arm.

"Agent Hill! Did you see what she did to me!" Jessica screeched.

"Yeah, I saw her stick up for herself. Well done, Agent Carson." Hill said, walking toward us, grabbing her papers. "She is right. If you want to stay here, you're going to have to show some respect. I know your S.O. is going to demand it." Hill says nonchalantly.

"Who's her S.O.?" I ask.

"Agent John Garrett. In fact, I hear that you two have already met since." Hill says.

"He was the one who recruited me. Its such an honor. Probably better that what she received."Jessica says, pointing at me.

"You tell Fury that to his face." I smirk and start walking out of the room. "You coming? Or am I walking to fast for you."

Jessica huffs and stalks toward me. Once she rounds the corner I mouth "HELP ME!" to Agent Hill who snorts and covers it up with a cough.

The next ten minutes of the tour are absolutely dreadful. I mean it was torture. That girl is really the opposite of her sister. I don't even know how Sammy could stand her. I showed her everywhere. The lunchroom, the pool, her new room and even the hanger/garage. And every freaking place we went came with an "I've seen bigger" or "Well that's worthless" or "How pathetic. This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?" SHE EVEN PUSHED ME INTO THE POOL. LIKE WHAT THE HECK YOU DON'T JUST GO PUSHING SOMEONE INTO A POOL THAT YOU JUST MET THAT DAY!!!!!!

Phew.....I'm calm......probably not. Lastly I walked into the training room where Agent Garrett was waiting. "Ahh at last, the gal I was waiting for." Garrett smiles warmly. I mean...it doesn't look warm but....its the best that he can do. I'm sorry. Garrett always freaks me out.

"Good luck with your training Agent Segal." I say to her, nodding at Agent Garrett and the agent next to him.

"Agent Carson good to see you!" He says, slapping me on the back. I'm pushed a little of balance, but I steady myself, forcing a smile. "This is Agent Tripplet here in case you two haven't met."