Chapter 32 - My Dad...isn't who I thought he was

Guess who's been lazy and not updated this book......me....

So I'm pretty sure some of you have noticed that I'm not updating as much as I used too.

I'm really sorry about that, I just have been really busy with school and I've hit that wall of writer's block and have been struggling to get around it. So updates are going to be when I get inspired and a lot slower than they were over the summer.

I'm sorry and I hope you guys can respect that.

Now onto the story!!

Lexi POV

The entire group of us crouch outside the door to the secondary control room as Hill pulls out an relay interference to mess with the agent's comm's in the room.

"Ready?" She asks and we all nod she presses the button and pull out my gun, as the others aim at the door. When it opens, let's just say he's greeted with ALOT of firepower.

"Excuse us," Steve says, and the guy puts his hand up, letting us pass.

Hill and I slide into the computer chairs and knock out the guys that won't let us sit.

Rude. I've been standing all morning.

Hill takes over the PA system and I pull the mic over to Steve before clicking play.

"All your's Steve," I say. "Make it count." He nods and takes my spot.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot the Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"Wow," I murmur.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asks and we smirk.

"So," I smile as we stand at attention. "Call it off Cap."

He gives me a small smile before getting into his ordering mode. "Sam, you and I are going to take out the helicarriers. The rest of you are going to stay here on the ground. Hill, stay here and call out any Hydra agents you see on the ground. Agents Mal-Bruscar work your way down and help keep civilians clear of the area and protect them if you need to. We signed up for this, but they didn't so you know what to do. Lexi, you and Connor are going to clear the way up to the roof and give Romanoff and Fury some cover. Are we clear?"

We nod and split, leaving the room and climbing into the stairwell.

"This is probably the most time we've spent together since we've got to D.C.," Connor remarks as we're met with some opposing force.

"And that time is taking down Hydra." I deadpan, slamming a guy into the wall and kicking another traitor down the stairs. "I mean we could have been watching a movie or something."

"Well, I know that but it wouldn't really matter anyways," He says, pulling a guy off of me and knocking him out.

"And why is that?"

"Because we probably would have watched some action movie," He says, knocking out the last person.

"Aww you know me so well," I smile, giving him a peck on the check before busting open a stairwell door and running through the hallway.

That's when I hear the shot. And the pain flares up on my arm.

Connor POV:

I catch Lexi as she staggers from the force of the shot. She struggles to get her footing and I pull her close, shielding her from whoever shot her. I look toward the source of the bullet and see, my father, holding a smoking gun.

"Dad?"

"I'm sorry Connor,"

"No you're not," Lexi spits, venom laced in her voice as her grip on my chest tightens.  "You would do whatever your stupid HYDRA overlords tell you."

"Well, that's not completely true." He says. "If they asked me to kill either of you I would refuse-"

"Just so someone else could finish the job?" She finishes angrily. "Is that how it went with my mother? Someone gave you the order and you just pushed it to the Winter Soldier because you didn't have the heart to do the deed yourself?"

"I didn't want Rani to die!" He shouts and we flinch at his tone. "She was my best friend and I didn't want to lose that. So I gave her a chance to live by delaying her death as much as I could."

"We were in the car," I say. "When the tires we shot out, the two of us were there! Did you even care that either of us could have died because of your decision! Or were we just collateral damage."

"Oh please, I knew that Lexi was a spawn of Poseidon. And that she would save you-"

"You knew who her godly parent was?" I say, completely stunned. "You knew all along and you never told either of us?! She spent three years thinking her dad didn't care about her when in reality he was keeping her safe! Do you have any idea how that feels?!"

"Of course I knew, after all, Athena chose me for a reason." He responds, with a smile.

"I'm glad she did," Lexi says and I look down at her, meeting her gaze. "Because Connor wouldn't be here if she didn't."

I smile, almost giddily until Dad rolls his eyes and aims his gun at her head. "You don't deserve my son,"

"I know I don't," She responds and my heart clenches. "But at least I haven't sunk as low as you have."

Lexi holds her hand up and I pull her aside and out of the line of fire as the gun goes off. The bullet flies and it doesn't hit her.

But it doesn't hit me either. I look back around the corner and see my father banging and slamming against a thick wall of ice, calling for backup and more guards.

"We've got to move," Lexi says. "I don't think I can hold this if the full SWAT team comes in."

"Agreed," I respond before pulling her into a hug. She wraps her hand around my torso and I rest my head on the crook of her neck. "Don't ever believe for a second that you don't deserve me."

I feel her nod against me and she pulls away and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before she smiles. "Thank you,"

Then her gaze goes behind me and her eyebrows raise. "We should probably start running now right?"

I turn around and see that my dad did indeed call a SWAT team and are starting to have some success getting through the ice. "Yeah, definitely."

And so we start running, from the agents as I notice something on Lexi's arm.

Her arrow tattoo.

It's starting to fade away.