Chapter 2 - Capture the Flag Part II and Fury's Interuption

Connor POV:

I crouch in the woods, hidden from the brush around me. Capture the Flag started about fifteen minutes ago and I'm stationed at the edge of our territory, my sword and shield at the ready waiting for Lexi's signal. Once she comes here the plan is to sneak to the opposing team's side and grab the flag, while the rest of the team defends and puts on a show. Turns out, Percy and Annabeth are good at that.

"Keep monolouging like that and the red team is going to know our entire plan." Someone whispers behind me. I turn around to see Lexi crawling over to me with a smirk, her mask and hood on, and quiver strapped onto her back. I look at her confused as she gives me a slight peck on the cheek, making me smile.

"You were talking out loud again." She explains flipping up my hood and pulling my mask on.

"Ew love, get away from me." A voice says behind Lexi.

"Tressa! Be nice!" Another voice says.

"Really?" I groan at Lexi. "The twins?"

Lexi gives me a look. "Come on, Annabeth thought they might be useful and they are some of my closest friends here!" I groan again and look back toward the twins.

"Nice to see you too Shield Boy." Tressa sasses me before turning back to her sister. "Okay Olivia , but just because they love each other doesn't mean they have to go shoving in front of everyone's face. Yeah, sure! They might be everyone's OTP besides Percabeth but news flash! You need to learn to get a room!"

"Tressa, they are people, they can do what they want. Besides, whenever something like that happens, everyone just ships them harder." Olivia counters.

Lexi rolls her eyes at the sisters. "Tressa! Olivia! Zip it right now."

Tressa ignores Lexi and continues to ramble on about ships again so Olivia groans and slaps her hand over Tressa's mouth.

One of the patrolling Ares kids looks over at our direction as we crouch in the bushes but after a tense second walks away.

Tressa swipes Olivia's hand away and Olivia gives her a seriously look. "See this is why I don't trust you."

They continue to go back and forth until an idea pops in my head. I look over at Lexi who has her bow drawn and is peering across the creek.

"Lexi! I got a plan!" I whisper-yell to her.

"Really that's a first." Tressa says.

"Oh shut up. I need you and Olivia to go over there and distract the other team. Fangirl, create a diversion, use your Hermes skills to steal something, whatever. Just keep them off of us."

"Why us?" Tressa asks. Lexi coughs into her arm, **cough** "biggest fangirls in camp" **cough**.

"Oooooh I get you. Put how am I supposed to get all worked up to distract them enough." Tressa asks.

Lexi and Olivia share and evil look and whisper something in Tressa's ear. Her eyes goes wide and she grabs Olivia's hand and storms to the other team, making a ton of noise that draw the team's attention away from us.

"What did you whisper in her ear?" I ask as we quietly work our way to the other team's side.

"Cliffhangers. Nasty cliffhangers. Then the TV show was canceled." Lexi whispers dramatically as we climb toward the red team's flag. I chuckle softly and sneak up to the two guards by the flag. I hear Tressa and Olivia's voices that and end up drawing the guards away and leaving the flag in the open. Well that was easy.

"Shush!" Lexi says as she grabs the flag. "Someone is going to hear us!"

"I was talking out loud again, wasn't I?"