Epilogue

A/n: I'M SORRY FOR THE PICTURE IT MESSED ME UP WHEN I WATCHED THIS EPISODE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IT STILL DOES

The drive from our apartment in DC to the Arlington Cemetary is long especially with traffic but that gives me enough time to think about what's next for me. 

For us.

For Strike Team Demigod.

I guess for everyone.

And also to listen to music. Because what's traffic without music.

Things are going to be difficult now with HYDRA on the loose for Strike Team Demigod. Connor and I created this team so Fury decided it would be best if we decided what they did from here on. 

So I gave them two choices. They could either leave all of this behind and go back to Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter and I'd wipe any trace of their work with SHIELD off of the internet.

Or, they could join up with what's left of SHIELD at the Playground facility.

And might I say, I was proud of their decision to stay as a team. They've gone off who knows where to try and meet up with Coulson and his team.

"Lexi," Connor says, lightly touching my shoulder and abruptly shaking me out of my thought. "We're here."

I nod and step out of the car into the sunlight before taking Connor's hand in mine and walking to Fury's new grave.

We arrive at the site just as Steve and Sam do.

"So, you've experienced this sort of things before?" Fury says, looking down at his "grave."

"You get used to it." Steve responds.

"We've been data-mining HYDRA's files," Fury says."Looks Like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm heading to Europe tonight with Carson and Griffen, wanted to ask if you'd come."

"There's something I gotta do first." He says and Fury nods.

"How about you, Wilson? I could use a man with your abilities."

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." He says, looking over at Steve and I smile. 

"Alright then." Fury says, before shaking both Steve and Sam's hand. "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here." He looks down at his gravestone before looking back at us. "And I'll see you two at the airport."

"You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." A familiar voice says from behind us and we all turn to recognize the one and only Natasha Romanoff fresh from of sassing the government.

She walks over to me and I give her a welcoming hug before she turns back to Steve.

"Not going with him?" Steve asks.

"No." She says.

"Not staying here?"

"I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one." She responds before pulling out a file. "That thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev. Do me a favor and call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse."

"And you're not a SHIELD agent." She smirks.

"What was her name again?"

"Sharon." Natasha and I say and Steve turns in my direction, surprised. "You knew?"

I smile. "Someone had to otherwise things were gonna get messy."

"I think you're rubbing off on her Natasha," Connor teases and Natasha and I look at each other before smiling.

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

We laugh. "Well, we're gonna head off before Fury get's angry," I say and they nod.

"You aren't gonna stay for the fun?" Sam asks.

"Oh believe me we would," Connor responds looking down at me with a smile before kissing the top of my head.

"Yeah, but we've got friends out there who need our help," I respond and Steve nods in understanding. "You trust them?"

"With my life," I respond.

"Then the best of luck to you both." 

"Don't go jumping out of too many helicopters Blue," Sam jokes and I laugh we start to walk away.

"I make no promises!" I call over my shoulder and we leave them behind, and drive out to the airport where Fury is waiting. It was uneventful and it seemed like the two of us had a lot on our minds to occupy the time.

"So where to Boss?" Connor asks as we board a helicopter, strap in and watch as it takes off.

"How does the middle of the ocean sound?" Fury asks but not really asks."There's an emergency signal coming from an area of water about ninety feet deep."

"Any idea on who it might be?" Connor asks.

"Actually I do. The term Fitzsimmons ring a bell with either of you?"

"Oh, my gods. If that jerk Ward hurt them so help me I am going to slam his head into a wall."

Fury nods, almost in pride before walking back to the cockpit. It's after a few hours that I get worried and that worry only grows and grows.

To be honest, I've been worrying alot about the people around me lately. I remember Percy telling me that it was because of our fatal flaw, but I didn't care. 

My mom raised me to look after the people around me and that's something I'll never stop doing. Even as Fury rolls the door back on the helicopter, and we get closer and closer to what looks like two people floating in the water, I don't hesitate to do what I've always done.

Dive in headfirst to their rescue.

--------------------------------------

So that is it! I hope that you all enjoyed this book, I know that I've had a lot of fun writing it and I'm honestly astounded by the amount of support you guys have been showing me and I can't say thank you enough.

The Q/A is in progress. I only have one question submitted so that's not really much to go on so please send me questions that you have for the Avengers, or Demigods in this series and I will be sure to ask ;) Once its done, it'll probably be posted either in this book or in the side stories.

This is a cover of the next book that will probably come out next week or the week after that. It's called Age of Heroes and I think the title speaks for itself. AoU is coming up next ;)

So until then, thank you all so much for your support and I'll see you guys in the next book! Love you!!

Always aim high,

StraightOuttaArrows ;)