Chapter 9 - Snowball fights interrupted by a certain Director of Fury

^^ Imagine Anna being one of Lexi's friends and Elsa being Lexi.......yup seems about right XD

(Two months later)

Lexi POV:

I look out the window as the snowflakes glide past the windowsill and out with the wind. Winter has arrived and it's as beautiful as ever. As much as I like summer, winter is probably one of my favorite seasons.

"Lexi! Lexi! It's snowing! Come play outside!" Lila says running into my room and hugging my legs. I chuckle and reach down to pick her up.

"Did your mommy say it's okay to go out?" I ask.

"No..." Lila says looking down.

"Well then go ask her if you want to play!" I smile, bopping her nose with my finger. She giggles and I set her down, freeing her to run down the stairs to Laura. I've been staying at the Barton house for about two months now. And it's been great. I've occasionally called Connor and Nat and Steve while I've been gone, but I really enjoy being here. Laura was so kind and warm ever since I arrived, she actually seems to be the nicest person I've ever met while pregnant. She's still in the early stages but she found out a little while ago so Clint and I have been helping her through it.

Plus he's like an incredibly overprotective brother with her and it's incredibly funny.

I pull on a blue sweatshirt, a winter jacket and my snow boots and head down the stairs to where Cooper and Lila are waiting.

"Now be good and listen to Lexi!" Laura calls from the kitchen.

Clint appears around the corner laughing, "You say that like she's responsible."

"Well Clint, she is more responsible than you." She laughs. "At least, she didn't nearly burn down the barn with a quiver of trick arrows."

Clint facepalms. "A guy nearly sets a barn on fire one time and never lives it down!"

Laura gives him a look and he concedes. "Fine, it nearly happened twice."

Another look. "Fine! Three times! Happy Laura!" He exclaims.

I smirk. "I know I am."

"Lexi! Come on!! Let's go play!" Cooper and Lila complain. I wave at Clint and Laura before taking the kids in the front yard to run in the snow.

"Lexwi! Lexwi!" Cooper calls for me. "Can we get the sleds?"

I smile as an idea comes to my mind. "I got a better idea." Since the ground is covered with at least three inches of snow, with more still coming, the hills are perfect for an ice slide. I close my eyes and thrust my hands in front of me, creating a smooth layer of ice down the hill, around the back, and to the barn.

Satisfied, I wave my hand at the beginning of the ice path and form  sled, completely made of solid ice. I grab a blanket and place it over the sled. "Alright, all aboard!" I laugh.

Cooper and Lila get on and form little handles for them to hold on to. "Alright, hang on you two I don't want to have to talk to your mother about that okay?" They nod excitedly and grip on the sled. I carefully grab the front of the sled and slowly stand on the ice, pulling my weight back so the sled starts to slide down the path. After a little wiggling, the sled is moving forward at a decent speed, with me guiding it down the path backwards. Cooper and Lila squeal with delight as the sled swishes down the path and eventually slows to a stop at the barn.

"Again! Again Lexi!" They cheer and I am about to start back to the house when I notice Clint looking around at the front of the house. For us and notices the ice path.