Chapter 6 - From SHIELD to STARK Towers

MY FAV CIVIL WAR MEME ^^^^^^ XD

GUYS PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE DOWN AT THE VERY BOTTOM, SOME READER INPUT IS REQUIRED!!!!!! SEE YAH THERE ;)

Lexi POV:

"You ready to land?" Sammy asks me staring out the window from our little closets/rooms.

"Yeah. I can't wait to get home and just take a long run. I've been needing one." I say. "Not enough room to get a decent mile on this thing."

"I am telling you, you' re like the only person I personally know who actually likes to run." She teases, playfully punching me in the arm.

"Hey, if I don't get a good run in, Barton's gonna kill me. Plus I actually enjoy running in central park thank you very much. What about you? You excited to crash back at HQ?"

"Yeah...about that." Sammy says, looking at the ground.

"What's wrong?" I ask, confused at her change of emotion.

"I'm not heading back to base with you. I was asked to join this team as a permanent member."

"What?! Why didn't you tell me!" I exclaim. "That's incredible!"

"You aren't mad?" She asks, looking at me confused.

"Why would I be, you're my best friend, I'm glad that you got a promotion smarts. And now, Skye has someone to sass Ward with." I laugh.

"YES! That's what I was thinking too!" She laughs, her nervous feeling obviously gone.

"Seriously though, I'm happy for you." I smile.

"I'm happy for you too Lil' Avenger." She teases.

"Hey! I can be big and tall if I need to!" I pout.

The plane shakes and shudders around us, and we look out the window as we touch down in New York. 

"So this is it then?" She asks.

"Our world has gotten incredibly weird even for demigods. We had freaking aliens attack. I am pretty darn sure we are gonna see each other again. As long as you keep in touch." I smile and pick up my duffle bag.

"Peace out Segal." I say waving back at her.

"Peace out Carson." She says, waving back at me with a smile.

I walk over to the cockpit and thank Agent May. She gives me a nod and a subtle smile. I"ll take it, its the first I got out of her this entire mission.

I climb down the spiral stairs to the lab where Fitzsimmons are doing stuff.

Jemma notices me and runs over to give me a hug. "Aww Lexi, I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too Jemma." I smile. "Keep an eye on Fitzy for me, I have a feeling he's going to need it."

"Will do Lexi." She responds.

"Oy! You thought you could get away without saying goodbye!" Fitz says, turning the corner. I laugh and give him a hug. 

"Wouldn't dream of it Fitz. If either of you too are in HQ for a little while let me know!" I say pulling away.

"We will!" They called as I left the lab.

I walked up to Phil and gave him a hug. "Next time you plan on dying can you please give me a little warning."

"No promises Lexi. But I'll do my best. Take care of yourself. Make sure the Avengers don't break too many rules."

"Will do Coulson. And also no promises. These are the world's mightiest heroes we are talking about." I smile, giving him one last hug. "Bye Phil."