Chapter 12 - Do you want me to keep eating it?

Lexi POV:

"That kid definitely had hots for you Lexi."

"Really? That's the first thing you say in the past forty-five minutes we've been in this car? That kid has hots for you. Unbelievable Tony." I scoff.

"Yeah, well did you find anything out about AIM?" Tony asks as I furiously type on my computer.

"Nothing suspicious. I don't even have the type of power or authority to access it if there was. I mean, I have an IP for AIM that's run on behalf the U.S. government but we would need someone's account as a way in. Wait......woah, War Machine's switch to Iron Patriot was done by AIM? What does that mean?" I ask.

"It means we have a way in." Tony says. "Give me your phone."

I give him a look.

"Lexi can I please borrow your crappy SHIELD phone." He tries again.

I roll my eyes and hand him the phone. He types in a number and puts the phone on speaker.

"Uh..hello?" An unfamiliar voice says.

"Did you ever have a chick straddling you and you look up and suddenly she's glowing from the inside out, kind of a bright orange?" Tony asks as I groan again and facepalm.

"Really Tony?" I say.

"Shut it, Carson." Tony responds.

"Yeah, I've had that. Who is this?" The person asks.

"It's me, pal. Now last time I went missing, if I remember correctly, you came looking for me. What are you doing?" Tony smirks.

"A little knockin' talking, making friends in Pakistan. What are you doing?" He asks.

"Your re-design, your big re-brand, that was AIM, right?" Tony questions.

"Yeah."

Tony immediately takes a turn sending me against the window.

"Ugh...really questioning your driving skills Tony." I groan as I pull myself off of the window.

"I don't blame you." The voice says and I can almost hear them smirking. "Who am I speaking to?"

"Agent Carson, you are?" I ask.

"Colonel Rhodes. Nice to meet you."

"That was nice. While you two catch up, I'm gonna find a heavy-duty comsat right now and I need your login Rhodey."

"It's the same as it's always been, War Machine 68."

"And password please?" Tony asks.

"Well, look, I gotta change it every time you hack in, Tony." Rhodes says, sounding annoyed.

"It's not the eighties, nobody says 'hack' anymore. Give me your login." Tony sasses back.

There is silence on the other end and a sigh. "War machine rox. All caps."

Tony snickers and I snort. "That is so much better than Iron Patriot."

Tony finally pulls into some local festival and the two of us get out.

"Really. This is your big idea." I say, looking at our surroundings.

"Come on Carson," Tony half-groans. "Give me a little credit here."

We walk over to one of the News vans and sneak in while the cameraman is on the phone. I turn my computer back on and look over at Tony. "How much power we got?"

The speed test pulls up and it's barely doing anything.

"Yeah, that's not gonna a cut it." Tony says as the van door opens revealing the cameraman we snuck around.