Chapter 11 - Anxiety and Fire people who want to kill us..........lovely

Lexi POV:

"Well the sandwich was fair, the spring was a little rusty, the rest of the materials, I'll make do. By the way, when you said your sister had a watch, I was kind of hoping for something a little more than that."

Harley and I laugh as Tony looks down at the Dora watch on his wrist. "She's six! Anyway, it's limited edition. When can we talk about New York?"

Tony visibly stiffens and so do I. "Maybe never, relax about it." Tony says.

"What about The Avengers, can you talk about them?" Harley asks. That's when I notice Tony. I can tell this is unnerving for him.

"I don't know, later. Hey kid, give me a little space." Tony says trying to change the topic.

"Harley this might not be...." I start to say, trying to stop him before this gets any worse trailing off as we stop by an explosion site. Correction the explosion site. The reason that Tony and I are here.

"Harley, what do people say happened here?" I ask.

"I guess this guy named Chad Davis, used to live roundabouts, won a bunch of medals in the army. One day, folks said he went crazy and made, you know, a bomb. Then he blew himself up right here." Harley says.

"Six people died, right? Including Chad Davis?" Tony asks.

"Yeah," Harley says. Suddenly, Tony's questions make sense as I look a little more carefully at the ruins.

"Six people died. But only five shadows." I realise.

"Yeah, people said these shadows are like the mark of souls gone to Heaven. Except the bomb guy, he went to Hell on account of he didn't get a shadow. That's why there's only five. " Harley says.

"You buy that?" Tony questions.

Harley shrugs. "That's what everyone says. You know what this crater reminds me of?"

I tense, knowing exactly what Harley's going to say.

"No idea. I'm not...I don't care." Tony starts.

"That giant wormhole, in um...in New York. Does it remind you?" Harley says getting closer to Tony.

"Harley!" I exclaim.

"That's manipulative. I don't want to talk about it." Tony says, starting to breathe a little heavier.

"Harley stop ask-" I try and say.

"Are they coming back? The aliens?" Harley pushes.

"Maybe. Can you stop? Remember when I told you, that I have an anxiety issue?" Tony says.

"Does this subject make you...make you edgy?" Harley pushes.

"Oh, my gods Harley you really are pushing it. Tony breathe. Slow your heart rate." I say dropping down by his side.

"Yeah, a little bit. Can I just catch my breath for a second?" Tony says, backing away from us.

And what does Harley do instead of backing off? "Are there bad guys in Rose Hills? Do you...do you need a plastic bag to breathe into? Do you have medication?" He says.

"Nope."

"Do you need to be on it?"

"Probably."

"Do you have PTSD?"

"I don't think so."

I sigh. "Harley I need you to-"

"Are you...are you going completely mental? I can stop, do you want me to stop? Do you want me to stop?" He asks.