Chapter 16 - The Big Fight...and I get a new glove

(About 4 hours later - it's night and the sun has already set)

Lexi POV:

"You guys sure this is a good plan?" I ask them. "Just sneak in and hope for the best?"

"You got any better ideas Lexi?" Tony asks.

"No, not really," I say.

"Come on." Tony says and the three of us quietly sneak around the corner, my bow drawn and ready to fire.

"You aren't going to freak out on us are you?" Rhodey asks.

"I sure hope not." Tony says until my eyes land on something.....someone hanging from two thick wires.

"Oh, my gods," I say, my hand flying to my mouth in shock.

"He's strung over that oil tank..." Rhodey says. "They're gonna light him up guys."

"Viking funeral. Public execution." Tony says.

"Yeah, death by oil." Rhodey finishes.

"Come on, we're running out of time," I mention and start moving deeper into the oil rig.

"Broadcast will commence shortly. Take final positions." Killian's voice says over the speakers.

"Is your gun up?" Rhodey asks.

"Yep," Tony says, quickly pointing his gun up

"Yep," Tony says, quickly pointing his gun up. "What do I do?"

"Stay on my six, cover high, and don't shoot me in the back." Rhodey orders. "Carson, just do what you do. I've seen the footage."

I smile as Tony tries to understand what he just said. "Thanks, Rhodes."

Before he can reply, one of Killian's men notices us and starts shooting. We get down and Tony tries shooting the man down after  five shots but still misses and knocks out the light.

 We get down and Tony tries shooting the man down after  five shots but still misses and knocks out the light

Rhodey rolls his eyes and I shoot down another guard creeping up on us with an electric arrow. "Yeah, you really killed the glass."

"I was aiming for the bulb! You can't hit a bulb at this distance." Tony defends.