Chapter 19 - You call that running? (PLUS A LITTLE CW RANT: NO SPOLIERS)

**One week later**

Lexi POV:

Knock, Knock, Knock

"Lexi! You awake in there?" A voice from the other side of my bedroom door asks.

"Go away. I'm sleeping," I groan. "Sleep is important to me. Why the in the name of Hades are you waking me up at....." I look over at the clock. "5:10 in the morning." Then the gravity of the situation strikes me. "Wait, Steve what the heck are you doing in my apartment at 5:10 in the morning and how did you even get in!"

"Uhh, I'm here because agreed to me training you. And you gave me a key?" He says, more like a question. "A running has is a big part of training. You're lucky I let you skateboard. Get up Carson I made breakfast."

"Ugh.....fine. And I don't trust your breakfast." I say, getting up and heading to the bathroom to change.

"It wasn't that bad!" He says from the kitchen laughing.

"YOU NEARLY BURNT DOWN THE KITCHEN ROGERS!" I yell to him.

"It still could have been worse!" He yells back.

I roll my eyes and laugh, pulling on a running shirt that says "Team Mermaid", some leggings, a blue jacket, blue sneakers a purple beanie and grabbing my skateboard before heading to the bathroom, doing bathroom stuff and weaving my hair into a messy braid.

I walk out of the bathroom and down the hall to Steve eating toast and MY FAVORITE CEREAL!

"Woah Steve, just because I gave you the key to my place does not mean that you get to eat my Frosted Flakes," I say, grabbing the box from him. "Those are mine."

"If you say so." He responds, taking a sip of orange juice. I pour myself a bowl of flakes and eat up quickly, sending out a text to Connor before I notice Steve's expression. 

Something's up.

"Steve, you alright?" I ask.

"What? Yeah, I'm doing alright." He responds. "Why?"

"You just seem a little off," I respond. "Rough night?"

"You could say that." He says, not wanting to continue. I pick up on his feeling and look back down at my phone.

 I pick up on his feeling and look back down at my phone