Chapter 15 -It's Recruiting Time Again

Sorry for the late update guys!! That civil war trailer messed me up.........*cries*

Okay now to the story!! ;)

Lexi POV: 

"If he's right about the location, we're twenty minutes from where Pepper is." I say, my navigational instincts kicking in as I maneuver us out of the Biscayne Bay.

"But we also have to figure out this Vice President thing, right?" Rhodey asks.

"Right. I wonder who I'm calling right now? Oh, that's the Vice President." Tony says, gesturing to his phone. I roll my eyes and enjoy the ocean breeze as mist comes splashing over. Suddenly, the light catches the mist at a specific angle and a rainbow forms that nearly freaking blinds me.

"Would you like to accept this Iris Message?" A calm voice says from the mist.

"Yeah, sure", I say, rubbing my eyes from the bright light.

"Lexi?!" Connor asks/yells from the mist.

"Hey babe," I say looking back at Tony and Rhodey who are still on the phone.

"Um, do you mind using your inside voice Connor," I sigh. "I have two people who are currently on the phone with the vice president."

"You expect me to use my inside voice when I find out you're dead?!" He exclaims and I raise an eyebrow. 

"Who on earth told you that?" I question. "Becuase if it was Owen, I'm kinda surprised you believed him."

Connor opens his mouth like he's about to say something, but decides against it. Yup, Owen did it again.

"Connor, I'm alright don't worry. I went dark because I had to find Tony and take down the Mandarin...which is proving to be weirder than what I had expected." I respond, flipping some of my hair out of my face from the stupid wind.

"You get hurt yet?" He asks.

"Uhh.....maybe might have gotten shot....." I say.

"WHAT?!"

"Just in the arm babe. Healed myself don't worry." I reassure.

"Ambrosia and Nectar?" He questions, almost like a doctor.

"Didn't need it," I respond.

"Lexi!" He says.

"Connor!" I mimic.

"You really are going to be the death of me." He groans.

"Better me than someone else," I smirk. "Any other reason you called, because I know when you are hiding something."

"Am I just an open book to you?" He asks smiling.

"Connor, I've known you since we were like 8. Of course you are an open book to me." I laugh.

"Fury is planning on bringing in some new demigods from camp, considering how well we have adjusted. Your whole idea with Strike Team Demigod Protocol went through Lex." He says.

"Fury actually agreed with me? That's a first." I sigh, steering the speedboat around some other private boats. "Straight to the Avengers, or just as SHIELD agents?"

"Just as SHIELD agents for now. Not until SHIELD can assess their skills. They're going to follow the same protocol we had in the Academy."

"Any candidates so far?" I ask.