Chapter 10 - From a farmhouse.....to another farmhouse.

Lexi POV:

"Can't you stay Lexi?" Lila asks, sitting on my bed as I pack up my things. She woke up from her nap and came straight to my room.

"I'm sorry Lila. But this girl has to get back to saving the world." I smile and her, giving her a slight hug. "Don't worry, I'll come and visit when I can!"

"Promise?" She asks looking expectantly at me, holding up her pinky finger.

I wrap my pinky around hers and smile. "Promise."

I grab my duffle bag and step out of the room, with Clint walking out of his room at the same time, Cooper on his side.

I walk down the stairs and put my duffle next to the door before saying goodbye to Laura. "Thank you so much for the last two months Laura," I tell her as we embrace. "It's been a really long time since I've spent time with a proper family, so you don't know how much this has meant to me."

"Oh Lexi," Laura says blinking back tears. "Hang on. Hormones." She says as we laugh and she rapidly fans herself.

"Okay try two at this." She jokes. "Lexi, I want to thank you for keeping the kids busy and all the fun you have brought here. No matter what happens out there, know you will always have a home here. You are part of this family." She smiles. We hug again as a sniffle from the corner catches our attention.

A teary-eyed archer stands in the corner watching us. "Awwww, did we make you cry Clint?" Laura teases.

"Nah, I just got some snow in my eye," He says, desperately trying to hold it in. 

"Come over here you big softie." I say, beckoning him with my hand. The three of us hug when the kids come in and jump in between the three of us, creating chuckles all around until Lila speaks up. "Can we stop? I can't breathe in here!"

We all laugh again and Clint and I head out to the door, waving back at Laura and the kids as we grab our duffles.

"Okay Clint, one question." I tell him as we walk back to the quinjet. "What am I supposed to lie if any of my team or the Avengers ask where I've been?"

"Just say that I was showing you how to set up a safehouse and I helped you set up a couple around the nation." Barton says as he opens the ramp door and starts the blasters. "And between you and me, you already have a couple. Nat and I had the kindness to stash some stuff for you and Conner in our safehouses."

Suddenly, Nat and Clint's disappearance right after the battle seems less questioning. "Wait that's where you two went after New York," I ask, the pieces of the puzzle clicking together.

"You never know when your world will come crashing down. It was best that we did. SHIELD doesn't even know about them." He concludes.

"Well thank you from the two of us." I smile and strap in as the quinjet lifts off the ground and to my destination. "Wait, you don't mind giving me a ride to the coordinates that Fury gave me?"

Clint pretend groans. "Uhh fiiinnne. If you insist. You lazy."

"Shut up Barton." I say, playfully shoving him from my seat and opening my laptop. I login and pull up the cordinates that Fury sent me. I left swipe my trackpad and send the file to Barton's screen. "I'll make you a sandwich when I get back to the tower."

"I'm going to hold you to that." He smirks, receiving the file. "So Tony's house gets nailed by the Mandrin, no casualties, and he flies to Rose Hill, Tennesse?" Barton says. "Why? Was he looking for something specific?"

"Hang on, I'm gonna connect to JARVIS." I say and log into the Stark systems. When JARVIS comes online, I start looking through Tony's recent work.