Chapter 2

"Maybe a week away from this life is what I need."

Michael's P.O.V

Two nights after I had met Kelsey, I was spending the night with Addison. We were surrounded by play dough & baby dolls, when I saw that Kelsey texted me.

Kelsey-

remember you said if i needed a friend i could ask you to talk or something?

Kelsey-

well i need a friend.

Michael-

okay, not a problem! do you want to come over? i'm about to put addison to bed so come by in like an hour?

Kelsey-

are you sure it's okay if i come over?

Michael-

yep! i live at the apartments on Dolly street, apt 154.

Kelsey-

cool, thank you so much.

-

"Alright squirt, it's bed time!"

"No!"

"Yes!" I walked over & I picked her up. "Bed time."

"I'm not sleepy."

"Yes you are. I'll read you a story."

"Two." She held up her fingers.

"Oh two?" I tickled her tummy. "You want me to read two stories?"

"Yes."

"Okay we'll see if you'll stay away that long. Let's go."

I went into Addison's room & I grabbed our usual two books on her nightstand that I read every time I tuck her in, Goodnight Moon & Cinderella.

She jumped into the middle of her bed & I wrapped the blanket over.

"Where's Waddles & Sully?"

"Right here." I placed her penguin from Happy Feet & her Sully monster plush, from Monsters Inc., on each side of her before I laid down next to Waddles.

"Thanks daddy. I love you."

"I love you too."

& as usual, Addison was asleep before Cinderella even made it to the ball.

I kissed her on the forehead before I turned on her night-light & I closed her door, but leaving it cracked of course.

I was cleaning up the play dough creations we made earlier, which was only mixing all of the colors together, when I heard a knock at my door.

I ran over to let Kelsey in.

"Hey." I opened the door for her. "Come on in."

"Thanks. How are ya?"

"In dad mode." I laughed as I went back over to put her baby dolls & their accessories back in the containers they belonged in.

"How cute."

"Yea, I have Addison for the weekend if you couldn't tell."

"Yea I wasn't sure if it was my place to ask the other night but I was wondering how the breakup would effect the whole custody thing."

"Well since Lauren moved back near her parents, that's the best babysitter around, you know? & I'm like an hour from my hometown so I don't have much help around here with her so we share custody but Lauren has a larger part than I do. She has her all weekdays & I get every other weekend although I usually push every weekend. Lauren complains she doesn't want to drive Addison here every single week so then I offer to come pick her up & then it works out."