Chapter 34

I can't make her stay.

Michael's P.O.V

As you get older, life tends to go faster.

I have no idea why it feels that way but once you become a parent, when you work a 9:00-5:00 work day, & when you fall asleep early on the weekends, life flies by.

It feels like it has been a week but really, it has been an entire month.

Normally, it doesn't bother me too much.

Sure, I want my daughter to stay young & cute forever but it's also great to watch her grow up.

But this time, I really wanted time to go slow.

Because Kelsey was leaving.

Once we made up, we did spent a lot of time together. We went back to our usual schedule, we'd watch t.v together, we'd get dinner, we'd play with Addison. We did have quite a bit of sex, sure, but I felt like we spent even more time talking & learning more about each other's lives.

The weekend before Kelsey was leaving, I decided to throw her a little going away party.

I didn't want to celebrate that she was leaving but she did deserve a party. She touched my life, my daughter's life, & my friend's lives so she deserved to be celebrated.

It was a surprise though, obviously.

-

"Party!" Addison screamed as I finished hanging the little banner that she & I made for Kelsey. I spelled out everything while Addison added some glitter & she drew some shapes around the edges to help make it prettier.

"It is a party!" Luke yelled as he ran up behind Addison & picked her up, running around the house with her above his head.

I loved Addison's laugh. It was probably the only thing keeping me from breaking down right now knowing I could count down on one hand the days Kelsey had left here.

I was breaking down a lot thinking of Kelsey leaving.

Becca came over as well, as did her boyfriend Ivan, & a few other friends of theirs that I had Becca invite for me since I only had met them once or twice.

Michael-

still coming to hang with addie & i today?

Kelsey-

i wouldn't miss it. i'll be there in twenty.

-

"Kelsey's here!" Addison yelled at us after she peaked out the window & she saw a car pull up. "Kelsey's here! Kelsey's here! Kelsey's here!"

Then I went to open the door as Addison was still yelling.

It wasn't like this was a surprise party where people hide & jump out from the sofa but she still had no idea I had a house filled with people who adored her & were going to miss her.

Kelsey usually lets herself in so I made sure to walk towards the door so I could see her for a second before she saw everyone else waiting for her.

"Hey Kels."

"Hi Mikey. Where's the pipsqueak?"

"Kelsey's here!" Addison ran towards her as she clung onto her leg. "Hi! Hi! Hi!"

"Hey Addison, how are you?" Kelsey then knelt down to hug her.

"Hi! I missed you!"

"I missed you too, sweetheart." Kelsey kissed her cheek before she stood back up & then I started walking towards the living room where everyone was waiting.