Chapter 15

"She's my pride & joy."

Michael's P.O.V

In the three weeks that I've been home from Aruba, I've managed to get a few job interviews & I've managed to keep a good friendship with Kelsey as well.

We usually hang out twice a week & that usually just includes watching How I Met Your Mother or eating food together.

Tonight she was coming over to meet Addison for the first time.

"Who's coming over again?"

"Her name is Kelsey."

"Oh."

"She's nice, you'll like her."

"Is she your friend, daddy?"

"Yep."

"Just like how Uncle Luke is your friend?"

"Exactly like that."

I hadn't tried explaining to my daughter about how I went on a vacation with Kelsey so for her little mind, Kelsey was just another friend from town & that was good enough for now.

"When is she coming?"

"Any minute. She's on her way."

"Can we have a tea party?"

"You know how those are my favorite!" & then Addison laughed at me before she ran to get her tea set from her bedroom.

While she was away, Kelsey knocked.

"Hey Kelsey."

"Hiya."

"You arrived just in time for the tea party."

"Oh wow. Perfect timing."

"Daddy! I got it!"

"Addison, come meet Kelsey." & then Addison walked over & stood behind my leg, peeking out & giving a shy wave to Kelsey. "Don't be so shy."

Kelsey got to her knees & then I moved my leg out of the way so Addison couldn't hide. She had a tendency to do this around strangers. Lauren & I wanted to break her of this.

"Hi Addison. It's so nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you."

"You have?" Addison was shocked but I could tell she was flattered.

"Yea. Your dad tells me a lot about you & how cool you are."

"Oh." She smiled contently. "Do you want to come to my tea party?"

"Of course. I'd love to come. That's why I'm here."

"Okay." & then Addison reached for Kelsey's hand & she handed me her tea set before we walked toward her play area. Addison has this kiddy table meant for like kids five years old & younger but she always insists that we have tea parties at this table. It's always very uncomfortable but I'd do anything for her.

"Addy, what do you want to use for tea today?"

"Uhm." Addison put her finger on her chin as she thought. "Apple juice."

"Okay, I'll be right back."

I went into the kitchen to fill her tea pot with apple juice & I came back to see Addison putting a tiara on Kelsey.

"Alright, let's get this started." I said as I put the tea pot in the middle of the kiddie table & I took my seat on the stool that was definitely not created with the intention of holding a guy my size.