Chapter 33

"But I wanted you to stay here."

Michael's P.O.V

Michael-

okay you can come whenever if you still want to talk.

Kelsey-

i'll be over in a half hour.

-

Kelsey knocked at my door & usually she let herself in but since things went south, I had to go let her in. I didn't like that. That only meant she was still upset at me.

"Hey." I opened up the front for her. I hadn't seen her in three weeks but it felt like so much longer.

I missed her so much.

"Hi Michael."

"Come on inside. We should talk."

"Yep." Kelsey seemed very upset. "We should."

We walked over to the sofa, sitting on opposite ends with silent between us.

"Okay so I just need to apologize." I finally spoke up.

"Okay."

"I'm so sorry I was ignoring you. It was really rude of me. I'm an idiot."

"Well yea, it was rude. But why did you ignore me for three weeks?"

"I was mad at you for not telling me that you were planning on going home so soon."

"You knew I was leaving in the near future. I told you plenty of times once uni ended, I was going to be heading home."

"Well yea but you also mentioned working at the bakery longer & I didn't know when you said you'd leave after uni, that you meant just weeks after it ended."

"I'm not from here. It's not easy to live in a country, to own a car, to have a rent for an apartment, to have a job when you aren't a citizen or without a special privilege. It's time for me to go home. & I told you, my cousin that I want to open a bakery with is graduating in June & we need to get started on that."

"I was upset that you told me in front of everyone else."

"Why?"

"I just thought you would have wanted to tell me in private or something."

"But why?"

"I just did, okay!?" I finally snapped at her. "I just fucking wanted you to tell me the second you knew you were leaving. Actually, I wish I was involved in the process of you deciding when you leave. I wish you let me know. I had no idea our time was that limited."

"I'm sorry. It's breaking my heart to think that I have to leave but I have to, Michael. Australia isn't my permanent home, it's really not. I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss being home."

"But what about us here?"

"I'll miss you all too but I can't stay here. Even when I was with Kyle, we talked about eventually moving to the states. I was never meant to stay here forever."

"But I wanted you to stay here."

"I'm sorry. I can't. I really can't."

"Damn it. I wish you were Australian." I couldn't help but laugh at that. "I'm sorry Kelsey, I really am."

"I know. I'm sorry too."

"& now I've been such a dick & we spent the last three weeks not even talking so we wasted time. Well, I wasted our time."

Almost - m.cOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara