Chap 16: Finding out

NATSU POV
"I need to talk to you" I held Rouge shoulders tightly. Rouge turned around he gave me this blunt face and nodded. We walked to an empty classroom, right now I didn't even care if I was cutting of class this conversation is important.

"Nani...(means what)" Rouge crossed his arms together, looking at me with his blunt look. "Well come on Natsu I don't have all day.."

"Don't come on me" I looked down casting a shadow on my forehead and clenching my fists. "Do you have feelings for Lucy?" I asked.

"why do you care?" He said. Why do I care?!

"Why do I care?!" I grabbed his collar roughy, lifting my fist up in the Air. "I CARE BECAUSE IM PROTECTING HER!" Veins started popping out of my head.

"Natsu?!" I heard Lucy's voice behind me and a hand grabbing my wrist, Rouge fell to the ground coughing while Lucy ran to help him up. "What the hell Natsu! There you go again with one of your mates! What's gotten into you!"

What's gotten into me..Lucy's eyes began to tear up, no..no please don't cry Luce I hate seeing my Best friend cry. I bent down and cupped her cheeks with one of my hands.

"I'm so sorry Luce" I looked into her teary eyes, her eyes I could see was full of anger, she slapped my hands away. My eyes widened. "L-Luce?"

"You shouldn't be saying sorry to me! Say sorry to Rouge!" Lucy closed her eyes and held Rouge's arm, this feeling...

"What's going on here?!" I heard Lis voice behind me. Great..."Guys what happened?" I didn't say anything and I didn't want to say anything. Lis ran to Lucy and Rouge. "Lulu! Why are you crying?" She wiped away Lucy's tears and then looked at me.

This is my Fault now? I really wanted to talk to Lucy, I wanted to know what changed her when I started dating Lisanna.

"Lis take Rouge to the sick bay I need to talk to Lucy" I looked at Lisanna with a serious look and then glared at Rouge, Lisanna nodded and they were out. It was just me and Luce.

"Something changed you" I tucked my hands into my pockets and glanced at Lucy. She stood up and clenched her fists. She didn't answer me but stared at the ground.  Is she that mad at me? I said it again. "Something changed you!"

"YEH OKAY SOMETHING CHANGED ME!" She snapped back getting teary eyes. No..no I did it again. This is the first time me and Lucy had a fight like this and I already hate the feeling.

I snapped. "Well then what changed you?!" I hissed. "What changed you when I started dating Lisanna, ever since I dated her you've been really cold around me! JUST TELL ME WH-"

"CAUSE I LOVE YOU OKAY?" my eyes widened , my heart stopped for a bit. S-she loves me? I stood there dumbfounded I didn't know what to say.

"y-you love me?" I said, my heart for some reason couldn't stop beating so fast.

"Yes yes I love you! When you started dating my cousin I didn't know what to do with my life anymore! I didn't know h-how to say I liked you, ever since you saved me from those bullies you were my first love, well now...I can't ruin your relationship, I hate to see you two heartbroken" she wiped her tears from her eyes and walked out the door, she stopped. "Forget this ever happened Natsu and forget what I said...you probably don't feel the same way for me" she walked off.

Again I stood there dumbfounded what she said made my heart stop making me realise something, I just broke Lucy's heart...my very first best friend, my childhood friend, my play mate and

My real soulmate....
Did I just make a mistake?