Chap 26: Flashback sunday

This whole chaper is going to be a flashback of Sunday after Lisanna forgave Natsu and Lucy. Most of this is going to be in third person as well.

Flashback to Sunday
"Morning da--!" Lucy cut of herself when she found her dad wasn't at the dinning table. 'Where did dad go?' She thought. Virgo wasn't there either it was to early for her to work, so Lucy skipped to her dad's office. When she arrived she opened the door slowly, her dad's chair was back to her and she could hear major coughing. "Daddy? You okay?"

He immediately turned around. "Oh Hun yes I'm alright!" He stood up and walked to his daughter giving her a kiss on the forehead. "After breakfast I'm going to the do--" he coughed interrupting himself. Lucy was worried, her dad wouldn't cough majorly like this. "S-sorry, as I said I'm going to the doctor to check up on my lu--"

"Um nevermind, let's eat breakfast" he laughed awkwardly and sat down on the table sitting across from Lucy. Lucy was nervously worried, her stomach had butterflies in them, she loved her dad very much and she was really worried about him.

What Lucy doesn't know is that her dad had Lung cancer, when Lucy was little her dad would always smoke, Lucy didn't know about what smoking can cause till she turned 13. When her mum died when lucy was at the age of 9 he stopped smoking and that's when he got lung cancer. He hasn't told her since then, and he was too scared to tell her.

=
~lunch

LUCY POV
"My dad has been acting weird.." I took a sip from my coffee,I  was at the cafe with Lisanna, Natsu and Rouge.

"Now you say that, he has been acting weird lately" Lisanna frowned, I looked down. "Like last night I could hear coughing from his room, I went to see if he was okay and he said he was fine"

"That's normal, people cough Lisanna" Natsu said, I sighed in relief Natsu was right maybe he had something in his throat that's all. We all sat in silence through out lunch time.

~

Me and Natsu waved goodbye to Rouge and Lisanna who were going back to the mall to go watch a movie, while me and Natsu decided to hang out at my house till they came back. "Welcome back Lucy-sama and welcome Natsu-san" Capricorn greeted us as he opened the gate, we both greeted back. We both walked inside greeted by Virgo who we greeted back. We both went upstairs to my room, I sat down on my bed while Natsu laid down on my bed with his arms behind his head.

My eyes started get teary. "N-Natsu I'm worried" he sat up beside me and wiped my tears away.

"Luce don't worry to much"

"But his my dad, his the only close family I've got.." I began to cry. My grand parents pasted away when I was little and my mum died as well. My dad was the only one I've got, if he died I wouldn't have anyone but Natsu. Natsu embraced me placing his chin on the top my head .

"you've got me" he said happily, I giggled softly. "Why don't we watch a movie downstairs maybe that will take your mind of everything" he cupped my cheeks, I nodded slowly forcing a smile. "Great come on Hime" he smirked kneeling down then gave my knuckles a soft kiss.

=

~
Back to third person!
"Mr Heartfilia.." The Doctor walked in with a clipboard in his hand. Lucy's dad sat on the infirmary bed waiting his results. He looked up at the doctor. "I'm afraid you don't have much time to live, you've had this for years and it still isn't cured, I am terribly sorry" the Doctor sighed and placed a Hand on his shoulder, he cried and sobbed, he was to scared to leave his daughter behind to live and take care of her self in a Big mansion.

He said his last goodbye and thank you to the doctor and walked out of the hospital. Once Capricorn picked him up he decided to call Natsu.

"Hello? Pops what's up?"

He smiled at Natsu's words, oh how he was going to miss him. "Oh hi Natsu can you make sure Lucy is not around you right now, there is something I need to talk to you about"

"Luce I gotta go bathroom, stay here" he heard footsteps walking, when Natsu reached the bathroom he locked it and went back to talking to Lucy's dad. "Yes what is it?"

"I-I don't have long to live Natsu" he sobbed in between his words.

A gasp was heard from the other line. "What do you mean by that pops?" He sounded worried.

"Natsu I didn't tell Lucy about this but I have Lung cancer, I've had this for a very long time and it still hasn't cured..I don't have much time to live" he croaked. Trying to hold back his remaining tears.

"Oh my god.." He could hear Natsu's crying from the other line. "pops...I'm so sorry"

"Thank you Natsu....but what ever you do please do not tell Lucy about this.."

Natsu was shocked, why wouldn't he want to tell Lucy? I mean he doesn't have long to live and stay with his daughter. "wait pops, why don't you want to tell her? She needs to know"

Lucy's dad sighed deeply and wiped his wet tears away. "I don't want to see her sad for the last few hours of my life"

Natsu stayed silence for a while one part of him thinks it's wrong for him not tell Lucy and the other part he thought he was right. "Okay...I won't tell her. I'll go home now so you can spend time with Lucy"

"Thank you so much Natsu! You'll be a great Husband for Lucy" he joked, On the other side of the line Natsu heated up in embarrassment.

"P-pops!"

"wait for me I need to give you a big hug" his tears started flowing again.

"Pops don't make this to emotional please...your already making me cry"

"Haha sorry Natsu"

~

"okay bye pops I'll text you" Natsu waved goodbye to Lucy and her dad, however lucy was confused of what Natsu said 'Text you?'

"Text you? Has Natsu been cheating on me with you daddy?" Lucy giggled, her dad just smiled oh how he is going to miss her.

~

"Goodnight sweet heart" her dad kissed her on the forehead. Lucy was confused at this as well, he doesn't usually kiss her goodnight.

"Daddy is there something going on? I mean you never do this.."

"no I feel like doing it now"

"oh okay love you daddy"

"Love you too Hun" he closed Lucy's bedroom door then heading to his room. "Layla...I can't leave our daughter yet" he looked at her picture picking it up. "I c-can't yet.."