The Bet

The Bet

     The boys of Diversity were sitting in the living room of the hotel suite they had. They had just finished performing for a few thousand people in Essex before a long drive back to London and were exhausted. They were all sat on the chair watching The X-Factor. It was the first night of the finals, leaving Marcus Collins, Amelia Lily, and Little Mix as the top three.

     "They're just about to announce the top two, who do you thinks going home?" Jordan asks, looking over at his mates.

     "Marcus or Amelia." Perri says.

     Mitchell laughs at the slightly older boy and pats his shoulder. "You're just going for Little Mix because the blonde has the same name as you."

     "Does not! She has an E at the end." Perri protests.

     "Still sounds the same."

     Perri rolls his eyes and sits back in the chair.

     "I think it'll be Amelia." Terry says. "I've never liked her. I can't believe she even made it past auditions."

     "You've never seen her audition. We just started watching this a few weeks ago." Jordan states.

     Terry shrugs. "I still can't believe it."

     Sam comes into view carrying a few boxes of pizza and sets it on the table in front of the others. "Next time warn me when we're going to do a not it!"

     Ashley chuckles and looks over to the grumpy boy. "Someones about to get eliminated, who do you think?"

     Sam rolls his eyes. "Little Mix. God they're annoying."

     "C'mon Sammy, everybody likes Little Mix." Ike says.

     "Not everybody." He mutters, grabbing a slice of pizza. "If anyone's going to win its Amelia. I'd like to see more of her." He smirks, looking at the pink haired girl on screen.

     "More of what?" Perri teases. "Her voice, or other things?"

     "Perri!" The older boys exclaim.

     "What?! You know that's what he was thinking!"

     "You're fourteen! You shouldn't be knowing that stuff!"

     "I'm a guy, I think I know. And Mitchell knows more than I do!"

     "Mitch!" Sam shouts at his little brother.

     "Okay! Shut up!" Jordan shouts, snatching the remote from the table and turning the volume up to hear Dermot.

     "In no particular order, the first act through to the next stage of the final tomorrow night is,......Little Mix!"

     Sam rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed, and sits on the arm rest next to Ashley.

     "The second act still in the final of the X-Factor is,......Marcus!"

     Mitchell laughs loudly and everyone turns to Sam. "Looks like your girls not going."

     "Oh whatever, so long as Marcus finishes first." Sam says. "If Little Mix gets signed, music will be ruined."

     "How about we make a bet on it?" Warren says.

     "A bet?"

     "Yeah. We say Little Mix will win, you think otherwise."

     "Alright." Sam agrees. "When Marcus wins, I get a featured dance, and you have to serve me for the next month. That includes me being excused from 'Not It'!"

     "Sounds fair." Ashley says. "Now, what shall we have him do when Little Mix wins?" He asks, turning to the other boys.

     "Date one of them!" Mitchell shouts.

     "What?!"

     Warren grins and turns to the boy. "If Little Mix wins, you have to ask Jade on a date."

     "And when she agrees, you have to keep at it for a year." Terry says.

     Sam scrunches up his face in disgust. "I am not dating one of those girls! And why Jade?"

     "Perrie's got a boyfriend, I think Leigh-Anne does too, and Jordan fancies Jesy." Ike teases.

     "Guys this isn't right." Ashley says. "You can't do that to them, you know how sensitive girls are about that thing. If Sam does this, it'll crush her. She'll feel completely embarrassed."

     Sam smirks. "Alright deal. If Marcus wins, I get the dance and you serve me for a month. And if Little Mix wins, I get to make a fool of Jade."

     Ashley widens his eyes. "I wasn't trying to convince you!"

     "Too late, bet's been placed. Either way, I win. See you in the morning." He says, turning away and walking off to the room he shares with Terry.

     "Sam!" Ashley shouts.

~

     Thanks for the comments on the prologue I wasn't exactly sure how this story was gonna go. So, they're gonna be a bit short in the beginning, but the later chapters are much longer. Thanks for reading!

     New chapter next week! :)