Three Words

Three Words

     Jordan stood with wide eyes as he heard the words that came out of Sam's mouth. He shook his head, not believing that's what he said. Sam wouldn't admit it yet, he was sure that he didn't even know he liked Jade yet.

     "I'm sorry mate, I think I heard you wrong?" Jordan questions, making sure to listen carefully this time.

     Sam groans and runs his hand through his hair, holding the phone closer. "I like Jade."

     "The colour?" Jordan asks.

   "No! Jade! My girlfriend." Sam widens his eyes as he realizes he doesn't hate saying that anymore. He likes saying it. "Jordan, help! What the hell am I supposed to do?! I can't like her! I'm not supposed to!"

    Jordan chuckles and sighs, taking a seat on a bench he was passing by. "It's not a bad thing Sam. You're happy now, right?"

     "Yes. But-"

     "No buts!" He exclaims. "Just be glad to have finally found that girl. The one to repair your heart."

     Sam frowns as Jordan mentions his ex. "It's not broken." He mutters.

     "Not anymore. Jade's fixing that, and your fixing hers." He smiles. "So how did you accept your feelings? What happened?"

     "I kissed her."

     Jordan raises an eyebrow, assuming that it would've been Jade to kiss him. He snickers at Sam's answer and shakes his head. "You sound like you've just come out of a classic Disney movie."

     "What?"

     "True loves kiss!" Jordan cheers.

     "I don't love her!" Sam exclaims. "I may fancy her a bit, but I don't love her." 

     "A bit?" Jordan's smile fades a little. "So you're still annoyed with her?"

     "No. At least, I don't think so?"

     "All your angry and harsh feelings are gone?"

     "Yes." Sam says, surprised at how happy and relieved he feels to be saying this.

     "Oh mate, you're only four months in! You are definitely going to be in love with her at the end of the year."

     "Shut up." Sam mumbles. At Jordan's words, Sam remembers the bet and sighs. "I have to go meet Jade back in Nando's, can you please do me a favor and not tell the others about this?"

     "Why?"

     "I don't know? I just don't want them to go on with the 'I told you so' and all of that. And for all I know, these feelings may just be temporary. I could hate her again by tomorrow."

     "I highly doubt that." Jordan chuckles. "So why did you want me to know then? I've been waiting to say 'I told you so' for months now? I'd assume Ashley would be the one you trust with this?"

     "Ashley would tell everyone immediately. But you've always known, and if I was going to tell someone they were right, it'd be you."

     Jordan nods smiles. "Alright, I'll keep your secret for you Sammy. Tell Jade hello. And Jesy."

     "And you say I'm the whipped one." He chuckles. "Bye Jordan." Sam hangs the phone up and shoves it in his pocket before going back inside. He makes his way to the table where he sees Jade and the food. 

     Jade smiles when Sam pecks her forehead before he takes his seat across from her. "Hey Sammy. You were out there for a while, I thought you were going to try and leave me with the bill." She winks.