Forever

Forever

     After Jade's family left her flat to go visit a friend of Shireen's, Jade and Sam were sitting on the couch cuddled up while an old episode of a show they've never seen plays on the screen in front of them.

     "You and Karl seemed to be getting along well?" Jade smiles.

     Sam looks down at her and nods. "Yeah. He's only a baby, but he seems cool." He smirks.

     Jade rolls her eyes and smacks his chest playfully. "Wrong Karl."

     "I know." He laughs. "But they're both cool. I really like your family. I was a bit nervous when you left me alone with them while you took Leoni out though."

     "Sorry. But you two insisted on watching the movie and I didn't want to finish it or have Leoni watch it." She states. "Things went well though, yeah?"

     "Yes." Sam smiles and pecks his temple. "Very surprising seeing as he's your older brother. We've been dating for half a year now, I thought he'd be angry or upset that we haven't met yet."

     Jade shakes her head. "Karl's harmless as long as you have good intentions and have a few things in common. In your case that would be movies and enjoying me scream in fear." She frowns, moving her arm from his shoulder and folding it across her lap.

     Sam laughs and pulls her closer to him, lightly nudging her ribs. "It's amusing."

     "Not to me." She frowns. "It's scary. And the amount of blood in most of them is disgusting. I'm into Disney, Sam, not that type of stuff."

     "I know. Sorry." He chuckles. Sam takes her hand and softly rubs it. "Bloody Mary isn't that bad though."

     "Are you kidding?! The girl in her bedroom had spiders crawling out of her face! And the poor little dog! Ugh, that film is disgusting."

     "Okay, some scenes may be a bit too much, but it's still a good movie." Sam says. "If it makes you feel better, I'll let you choose any movie every time."

     "Thank you." She smiles. "You can pick a few, just not anything like that."

     "You mean scary?"

     "Yes."

     Sam laughs and squeezes her hand. "Whatever makes you happy."

     She smiles and sits closer to him. "You make me happy." Jade says as she pecks his lips. "But not your taste in movies."

     Sam rolls his eyes and sighs. "Obviously."

     Jade smiles and sits back against the couch, locking her eyes on the unfamiliar show playing in front of her. About five minutes into it, she gets bored of it. She grabs the remote to change it, but before she presses the button a voice in the show mentions something that intrigues her.

     "Ooh! We should do that!" Jade exclaims.

     "Do what?" Sam asks.

     "A time capsule!" She turns to face him. "They're doing it for some school thing, we should do one for us! We'll get a box and put cute little things that remind us of each other; notes, pictures, or whatever. And this time next year, we can dig it up, look through the things, add some more, then just keep repeating it."

     "A time capsule?"

     Jade frowns. "Do you not like that idea?"

     He quickly shakes his head. "No, just curious. Never thought about doing one of those."