The Date

The Date

     Sam was in his room, mindlessly going through his closet for the date with Jade. He just wanted to get a coffee, talk, and leave, not have a whole dinner with her.

     The door creaked open and Ashley came in with folded arms. "Why are you doing this?"

     "I lost the bet." He says, pulling his black jacket on.

     "Just tell the boys you can't go through with it! Come on Sam, are you really going to spend a year with her just to see her cry in the end?"

     "I don't want to spend any time with her, but its worth it to hurt one of them."

     "How is it worth it?! You're gonna break her heart!"

     "Ashley! Just let it go! There's nothing you can do to stop it."

     "I can tell her before anything happens." He threatens.

     Sam turns around and glares at him. "Then I'll just tell Warren. He's got some bad stuff on us if one of us does anything wrong."

     "Like what?"

     "Do you remember that time when we were in Cardiff and I sorta fell against an open door?"

     Ashley laughs. "He still has that?"

     "Yeah. And I'm sure he has something bad on you as well."

     "Not as bad as falling out naked."

     "Shut up!"

     He chuckles then frowns. "Sam please don't do this."

     "Too late."

     "Fine. I just really hope it'll happen." He mumbles.

     "What?"

     Ashley raises an eyebrow. "Oh come on Sam, you know how this stuff works."

     "How what works?" He asks, getting confused at what the older boy is saying.

     "You'll end up spending a lot of time with her, get to know her, come to know she's a nice person, and unintentionally you'll find the hate dissapearing and-"

     "Fall in love with her?" Sam questions, cutting him off. He laughs and shakes his head. "I'd rather quit Diversity then ever have any feelings for her."

     "You and I both know it's gonna happen if you keep up with this act. Please just stop before you get hurt."

     "Me? Yeah, sure. Whatever you say Ash." Sams phone buzzes and he pulls it out, seeing a text from the girl. "Gotta go, I have a date with the devil."

***

     After a long and awkward dinner, the two were finishing their desert. Sam was boredly scooping ice cream with his spoon and letting it fall. He just wanted to hurry up, take Jade home, and then go back to the hotel.

     Jade was sat in her chair, staring down at her milkshake feeling sick. She was really nervous about tonight, and the short amount of talking made her feel anxious. Her nerves just added to the sickness she felt after the steak she had. She started feeling clammy and light headed.

     "Sam?" She calls quietly.

     "Yeah?"

     "Could you take me home?"

     He looks up from his bowl and sees her face a pale colour and sweat on her forehead. "Are you alright? You don't look too good?"

     "I think the steak might've gone bad. I really don't feel well."