I Didn't Cheat!

I Didn't Cheat!

     Sam stared at the screen with his jaw dropped and his eyes wide. He's read the article six times now and was still unable to process the words. He read it again for the seventh time, and again for the eighth, the words forcing themselves into his mind.

    Jordan watched him sadly, hating that someone would post a rumor that could change everything Sam had only just believed in. Every time Sam would scroll up to read it again, he felt guilty for showing it to him. But he knew if he didn't the other boys would, and they would see him upset.

     Sam went to the top to read it again for the ninth time, but Jordan closed it and pulled the laptop to him. "Sam stop, the words aren't going to change. I'm sure you've memorized it by now."

     Sam blinks his eyes to prevent tears and falls back against his seat. "Cheating? She's cheating on me?"

     Jordan shakes his head and leans forward to rub Sam's knee. "It's just a rumor Sam, it has to be."

     Sam stares at the closed laptop, only thinking about the possibility of this being true. Every time he saw Derry, he felt so angry and jealous, he thought it was stupid to feel that way, but now he knows why he made him so upset. 

     Because Jade was sleeping around with him.

     "Sam?" Jordan calls lightly.

     Sam snaps his head up and only shows anger in his eyes. He rises to his feet, clenching his hands. "She's cheating on me?! God, I was so stupid for actually letting myself like her!"

     "Sam, no!" Jordan stands up and tries to sit the boy down again. "Jade would never cheat on you, she's too nice and has obviously already fallen hard for you."

     "Clearly not!" He shouts. "I knew there was something going on between her and Derry!" 

     "Sam, there's no way this is true. Go call her."

     "Why? So she can deny it more?" He questions. "I'm ending this bet! I'm going to tell Warren that I'm breaking up with her, and I can finally have her out of my life!"

    Jordan frowns as the harsh attitude returns. "Why are you letting yourself believe this so easily?"

    "Because it's true!" Sam exclaims. "If you would see how Derry and Jade act and talk to each other, you would believe it too!"

     "Have you ever considered the thought that they may be just friends?"

     Sam scoffs and sits in his seat again. "Just friends?! Obviously not!" He groans and runs a hand through his hair, letting out a soft sigh as the anger is replaced by hurt. "I just fell for her.." He says softly. "After months of wanting nothing to do with her, I fall for her. How could I be so stupid?"

     "You're not stupid mate, this story is."

     Sam groans and glares at him. "Quit trying to get us together! This whole relationship was just a   massive waste of time. Jade wanted someone else, must not have known that until we were stuck together and she felt she had no other choice."

***

   By morning, Jade was sitting in her hotel room trying to call Sam to ask when they would be meeting. After another missed call, she sighed and set her phone on the bed, assuming he was still sleeping. 

     She changed into her purple onesie, tied her hair back, and put her phone in her pocket before leaving her house to go to Perrie's. She knocked on the door and it soon opened to the blonde she was looking for.