Recreation

Recreation

     Once Jade had finished giving Sam a tour of South Shields, the two of them were walking around the city thinking of something to do. While Jade held his hand and leaned into his side, Sam looked down at her guiltily.

     He hated himself for treating her so coldly when they first met. For being annoyed and wanting everything to be over in less than a second. Jade was letting herself fall in love with him, and he was just waiting for the chance to break her.

     Jade looked up and smiled at him, making his smile sadly back at her.

     "Everything alright Sam?" She asks as she stops walking, rubbing his hand. "You look upset?"

     He slowly nods, trying to think of an answer. "Yeah, I'm just thinking about our first dates."

     She raises an eyebrow and frowns. "Why would that make you upset?"

     "I'm not upset." He lies. "I just think that I didn't make you as happy as I could've made you. As happy as you wanted to be. I know I was pretty distant, and you had a few doubts on how I feel."

     Jade shakes her head and lightly rubs his cheek. "I was happy, Sam. I was more than happy. And as for the doubts, those were just temporary. I know how you feel, any doubts I ever had are gone."

     Sam leans down and quickly pecks her forehead, pulling her into his arms. He sighs and rubs her back, wishing he actually had feelings for her then. Sam slowly pulls away and takes both of her hands. "Well apart from the doubts and the happiness, I was still distant. I was pretty nervous and didn't really know what I was doing."

     "You can't change that." She laughs. "It's okay Sam, you're not distant now."

     "No, but I want to make up for it."

     "And how do you plan on doing that?"

     "By recreating some of our dates." He smiles.

     "Recreating them?" She asks. "Sam, our dates were in London. We're in South Shields."

     "That doesn't mean we can't have them here. Is there an ice-rink here?"

     "Not nearby. But there is a rollerskating place just a few blocks away. Would that be alright?"

     "It's fine." He says, kissing her nose.

     Jade giggles and locks her arms around his neck. "You're amazing Sam Craske."

     "I know." He smirks.

     She laughs and pecks his lips, pulling back and taking his hand as she guides him to the large building. "I thought you said you would never skate again?"

     He shrugs and swings their hands. "Roller skating is different from ice skating, with this you get the option of either the single line on wheels, or the doubles."

     "The doubles?" She chuckles. "The ones that children use to learn how to use the singles? I didn't know I was dating a child." She teases, messing with his hair.

     He frowns at her and stops walking. "Alright, we're doing a different date. How about the first one? You know, when you got poisoned?" He smirks.

     Jade stops laughing and glares at him. "Not funny."

     He chuckles and places his hand on her back. "Now are you going to tease me, or are you going to get sick again?"

     She frowns and continues walking inside. "There's no guarantee I would get sick again, it was just the steak. From a different place in a different city." She states. "That was a horrible first date. We were so quiet and nervous, barely spoke a word, I nearly puked and fell asleep in your car. Can we go out for dinner later and pretend it's our first?"