More Apologies

More Apologies

     After the sleepover Perrie had with Jade to comfort her, the two of them woke up late near noon. They were sitting on Jade's bed watching an old episode of Friends when Perrie's phone beeped.

     She looked down at it before widening her eyes. "Crap!"

     "What?"

    "I didn't tell my mum that I was staying here. I didn't even tell her I left the house!" Perrie says, lightly chuckling. "Knowing her, she probably thinks some serial killer came in and snatched me."

     "Do you want to go home?" 

     "No, I'll just call her." She says, going through her contacts and calling Debbie. "Hi mum!" She greets nervously. "I'm okay. I stayed at Jade's, sorry I didn't tell you."

     At the sound of the doorbell dinging, Jade got out of bed and walked downstairs to answer the door. She pulled it open and froze at the man in front of her. "Sam?"

     "Hi." He says quietly.

     Jade looks down sadly, not wanting him to shout at her. "What are you doing here?"

     "I wanted to apologize."

     "Apologize?" She asks, looking back up at him.

     "For believing the article." He explains. "I should've known better."

     Jade lightly smiles and looks at him happily. "You came all the way to South Shields to tell me that?"

     He nods. "You deserved a face-to-face explanation. I understand if you never want to see me again after the way I spoke to you." 

     She shakes her head and takes his hand. "No, it's alright. I know that it must've been pretty convincing to you, but I promise nothing ever has and ever will happen between Derry and I. Or any other guy for that matter."

     "So are we okay?" Sam asks nervously.

     "Yes." She smiles, stepping forward and wrapping her arms around his neck.

     Sam sighs and hugs her back. "I'm so sorry Jade."

     After a moment she pulls back and looks at him confused. "Wait, how did you know it was a lie? You sounded pretty sure that it was the truth yesterday."

     "I ran into Joe and talked to him for a bit."

     "Joe?" She questions. "My Joe?"

     "Yeah, he was in Essex."

     "You two actually managed a conversation without killing each other?"

     Sam laughs and nods. "It was pretty strange."

     "So are you two friends now?"

     "No." He says. "But I don't think we hate each other anymore."

     "Good." She smiles. "So what did he tell you?"

     "He told me about Daniel." Sam says, making Jade frown. "He told me that he cheated on you, and cheating is something you despise." He says. "I'm sorry."

     "It's okay." She sighs. "Besides, I have you now."

     Sam lightly smiles and rubs her hands. "Why are you forgiving me so easily?"

     "I told you, I love you." She says, making him nervous. "It's alright if you don't feel the same way, I wouldn't expect it."

     He slowly nods. "Maybe not yet, but I do like you. A lot."