Matchmaker

Matchmaker

     After a long day of watching the girls rehearse and staring Derry down like a guard dog, Sam had finally gotten back to the large flat in London that the boys of Diversity lived in. The whole drive home Sam kept trying to figure out why Derry had given him that feeling. He knew that Derry wanted something from Jade, but he didn't know why he cared. He still disliked her.

     The flat was quiet and he didn't hear the usual shouting that came from the living room where he boys would be playing an intense and competitive game on Mitchell's Xbox.

     He heard light talking and followed it so see Mitch guiding his girlfriend Kimberly in playing a game, and Ashley sitting at a table behind the couch with a laptop in front of him and large headphones on his ears.

    "Hey Sam, where have you been all day?" Mitch asks before telling Kim she pushed the wrong button.

     "On my date with Jade. You're the one that planned it." He says as he takes a seat.

     "Why would Mitchell have to plan your dates?" Kim asks, looking between the two confused.

     Mitchell rolls his eyes and glares at his brother. "Sam didn't know what to do so I helped him come up with something."

     "You gave him advice on where to go?" She chuckles. "Mitch, your idea of a date is either Nando's, the movies, or playing video games." She says, holding the controller in her hand up to make her point.

     "Hey! I thought you loved our dates?!"

     "I do." She laughs. "I'm just saying, Sam can come up with some pretty weird and interesting things to do, I don't think he needs help. Especially from you." She smirks.

     Mitch glares at her before sticking his tongue out and turning back to Sam, making her laugh again. "I thought Jade had tour rehearsals today? Like two or three hours ago?"

"She did. I went with her."

     Mitch raises an eyebrow, a light smirk on his lips. "Did you now?"

     "Yeah, I wanted to meet the others. Like Marcus, Misha B, Amelia." Sam smiles.

     Mitch frowns and sighs. "Whatever."

     "You're so lucky, I would love to meet them." Kimberly sighs. "I really like Janet and The Risk."

     "NO!" Sam screams, the anger of Derry coming back.

     All three people in the room jump at Sam's burst and Ashley removes the headphones. "What the hell mate?! I have the volume up all the way and I can hear you!"

     Sam glares at him before looking down at Kim. "You do not want to meet The Risk. At least not Derry anyways." He mutters.

     "Did you get in a fight?" Mitch questions.

     "Nearly. If there wasn't so many people around."

     "What's wrong with Derry?" Kim asks.

     Sam opens his mouth to say, but then that would involve Jade and they would question why he's so angry. "I just don't like him." He says lowly. "If you ever see him Kim, just stay away."

     Kim raises an eyebrow. "And what's the reason for that? The boys seem sweet in their X-Factor videos."

     "Derry isn't sweet."

     "What's your problem with him?" Ashley questions, getting up from his seat and sitting on the back of the couch near Mitchell and Kim. "I thought you liked The Risk?"